Windrock Oct. 8, 2016

thardy

Banned
Any weekend but Jan. 14-15th I'll have to work that one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
But I may tell them I have better offer instead of work [emoji41]

Sounds good. Once I have a better idea of my vehicle situation, I'll know when I'll be able to out it together. It will more than likely be towards the end of January. It worked out well this year.

15 is a blast! Lockers are helpful but not necessary. January would make it really challenging!

15 really is one of my favorite trails. So many different lines, so many possibilities. Lockers make it easy on 35s or bigger. I'm hoping I can be giving it a shot soon!

podge

Sunday, went back out to Windrock. (Bonus day, wife’s idea actually).. Took G50 headed north. Then headed south on 51. It’s a “badge of honor trail” so what the hell.. The blue trails were easy enough, this one can’t be too bad, right?. It’s a Moderate trail. For the most part, yes it wasn’t bad. Following maplets, seemed the leg to the overlook is shown on the map further north than where it really is. We thought we passed up the overlook, and things got ugly. We got to the real location of the overlook and didn’t know it. Having known this, I should have gotten out of the jeep and done a bit of exploring, and try to find the bypass. (if there was one!) but we headed into the heavily wooded part of the trail with several other trails to get to the overlook. We got thru it, found the right way back to continue heading south, but there were a lot of lessons learned. #1- I should’ve gotten more info on that trail and some advise like I got here on this site earlier. #2, I assumed Moderate is Moderate. Seems to not necessarily be the case. #3, If I don’t get advice about the trail either on this forum or others, I should have went with another jeep!.. Fortunately, I didn’t get stuck and didn’t break anything.

thardy

Banned
Sunday, went back out to Windrock. (Bonus day, wife’s idea actually).. Took G50 headed north. Then headed south on 51. It’s a “badge of honor trail” so what the hell.. The blue trails were easy enough, this one can’t be too bad, right?. It’s a Moderate trail. For the most part, yes it wasn’t bad. Following maplets, seemed the leg to the overlook is shown on the map further north than where it really is. We thought we passed up the overlook, and things got ugly. We got to the real location of the overlook and didn’t know it. Having known this, I should have gotten out of the jeep and done a bit of exploring, and try to find the bypass. (if there was one!) but we headed into the heavily wooded part of the trail with several other trails to get to the overlook. We got thru it, found the right way back to continue heading south, but there were a lot of lessons learned. #1- I should’ve gotten more info on that trail and some advise like I got here on this site earlier. #2, I assumed Moderate is Moderate. Seems to not necessarily be the case. #3, If I don’t get advice about the trail either on this forum or others, I should have went with another jeep!.. Fortunately, I didn’t get stuck and didn’t break anything.

You are correct about finding the overlook. You will drive right past it. Next time, post up or send me a PM for sure! Keep an eye out towards the beginning of 2017, as I will be setting up some rides there and other SE destinations soon!

Top Bottom