Wines of the Week

If you’re able to find this locally, buy it! Inexpensive at $10 to $15, but drinks like $50+. Really digging Portuguese red’s lately.

5FE22D00-091A-4FD3-A3F3-A2DA7D12C5B2.jpeg

Haven’t been posting up much here. I guess I keep forgetting. That said. Certainly no shortage of wine drinking. Last couple “wines of the week” worth.
The hook and crook cab is a pretty good one and great price at Costco. I have their red blend I've yet to try.

I remember going to Princeville when they were building it...it’s a beautiful place, and Kauai only had one traffic light back then in Lihue...
Needless to say that you didn’t live on Kauai. I remember that you have property on the Big Island. Did you live there as well before moving to the mainland?

Needless to say that you didn’t live on Kauai. I remember that you have property on the Big Island. Did you live there as well before moving to the mainland?
I did not live on Kauai, but had friends that did...I spent a fair amount of time on the north shore, and backpacked the Na Pali coastline many years ago

Brought a couple back from the islands. This pineapple wine is not as terrible as we thought it might be. Strong pineapple fragrance, but more like a sauvignon blanc with pineapple notes. My wife says “notes of rotten pineapple 😉.
F1F69A8E-D1C2-4E7E-A965-EE90719A47A9.jpeg

Brought a couple back from the islands. This pineapple wine is not as terrible as we thought it might be. Strong pineapple fragrance, but more like a sauvignon blanc with pineapple notes. My wife says “notes of rotten pineapple 😉.
View attachment 364265
When I lived on Molokai for two years, some of the locals would make a fermented alcoholic juice from pineapples during the plantation heyday...they called it “swipe”, which I always thought was an unusual name...until I realized they weren’t buying the pineapples.,,

Top Bottom