Winter 4x4 Jamboree

GP NOIR

Hooked
Anyone at the Jamboree? What trails did you sign up for?

Wednesday we’ll be doing Triple 7 and Thursday, it’ll be Double Sammy.

Friday is 4x4 101 class and Saturday Toquerville Falls

GP NOIR

Hooked
Thanks @Cousin Clyde.

The secret is, focus only on the line. Then you’ll see it’s a very simple up and over. Then crawl it with just a little momentum and you’ll have no trouble.

This was my first time so I engaged the lockers, but I think a stock Sport with stock tires could make it.

One of the Jeepers with us went through The Chute in reverse in his modified white LJ.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Today is Saturday, the last day of th4 Winter 4x4 Jamboree. No trails today. We were supposed to go up to Toquerville Falls, but my Wrangler has been acting up with a misfire on #1 & #5 cylinder. Used the day to try to fix it. No Joy. Will have to limp her home tomorrow and take her to a shop. I think it's a short in the wiring.

Later, we went to the vendor show. Saw several dual portable compressors by several companies that, except for color & logo, all looked exactly alike. There was a dinner and a raffle and again I did not win the winch!

It was a good time. Good trails, good people, good food. Tomorrow, we break camp and looking forward to head home. Anyone who's never been to Sand Hollow should definitely go.

Today is Saturday, the last day of th4 Winter 4x4 Jamboree. No trails today. We were supposed to go up to Toquerville Falls, but my Wrangler has been acting up with a misfire on #1 & #5 cylinder. Used the day to try to fix it. No Joy. Will have to limp her home tomorrow and take her to a shop. I think it's a short in the wiring.

Later, we went to the vendor show. Saw several dual portable compressors by several companies that, except for color & logo, all looked exactly alike. There was a dinner and a raffle and again I did not win the winch!

It was a good time. Good trails, good people, good food. Tomorrow, we break camp and looking forward to head home. Anyone who's never been to Sand Hollow should definitely go.
Oh man that sucks! How many miles on your JK?

A winch wouldn’t hurt someday, free or not! To be fair I’ve never seen you get stuck either… Lol

GP NOIR

Hooked
Oh man that sucks! How many miles on your JK?

IMG_8073.jpeg

A winch wouldn’t hurt someday, free or not! To be fair I’ve never seen you get stuck either… Lol

I’ve gotten stuck. Usually when I get to thinking I know what I’m doing. I got cocky on Triple 7 and came very close to rolling. If I’d slid two inches further, Gypsy would have been tits to the sky. Had to take a strap to get out of that one!

IMG_8079.jpeg

One lesson I learned on this trip- if you’re in a group on an unfamiliar trail, don’t follow behind anyone with bigger tires. Get behind someone with the same size tire, or better yet- smaller tires. Guys on larger tires will lead you astray.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Yeah… I always blame the guy in front of me for my mistakes.
HA!

I didn’t mean to imply that I got in trouble by following someone else’s line. I got in trouble because I got cocky, plain and simple. The left front tire lifted and I thought I could drive through it. I was wrong. Unexpectedly, the Jeep slid sideways. That’s when I should have backed down to take a better line. Instead, I kept going. The Jeep again lifted a tire, slid further and I got jammed into a spot where I would have rolled if I tried driving out of it.

HA!

I didn’t mean to imply that I got in trouble by following someone else’s line. I got in trouble because I got cocky, plain and simple. The left front tire lifted and I thought I could drive through it. I was wrong. Unexpectedly, the Jeep slid sideways. That’s when I should have backed down to take a better line. Instead, I kept going. The Jeep again lifted a tire, slid further and I got jammed into a spot where I would have rolled if I tried driving out of it.
Haha yeah I figured. Just bustin your balls. Didn’t help that it was slick as puppy shit yesterday. Rain makes it tough down there in a hurry.

Top Bottom