Wiring help for Rigid SRM backup lights

TANK

Sorry, been a hell of a day so far. I didn't get a chance to even look at it today, but I did do some googling and what I've found is that white wire is indeed acting as a trigger along with the blue. The rigid harness is specifically set up to have the reverse tied in and utilize their 3 way switch for on/off/auto. I'm not sure how to go forward. I figured I'd take a look at how the relay from rigid is setup on my 10" light bar and then compare it to the relay for these lights. Maybe figure out something there?

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry, been a hell of a day so far. I didn't get a chance to even look at it today, but I did do some googling and what I've found is that white wire is indeed acting as a trigger along with the blue. The rigid harness is specifically set up to have the reverse tied in and utilize their 3 way switch for on/off/auto. I'm not sure how to go forward. I figured I'd take a look at how the relay from rigid is setup on my 10" light bar and then compare it to the relay for these lights. Maybe figure out something there?

If you leave the Rigid switch in the on position and just hide it somewhere (with white wire connected properly to the switch), then run the other end of the white wire to the aftermarket switch you want to use, then this should work. In other words, complete the Rigid setup exactly as instructed, but instead of running the white wire into your OEM reverse circuit, run it to one of the switches you want to use. As long as you have good power on your aftermarket switch, that will become the signal for your white wire to activate the Rigid lights.

TANK

Unfortunately no. I've had to double shift the last few days to cover for two other managers being out. Day off tomorrow though, so I'll be able to hopefully knock it out.

TANK

Thanks, I'm hoping that not looking at it for a few days will possibly give me a new perspective and maybe catch something I missed before if at all.

Havoc40

Couldn't you just tie in the white wire to the blue? That should complete the circuit and function like a traditional on/off switch.

Top Bottom