WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Oh I know. I've got a 60 and a 14 bolt that need to find their way under the burban. It's funny looking at the stock stuff compared to those.

WJCO

Meme King
Got the 4.56 gears in today along with a BTF rear diff cover. Also did new motor mounts and trans mount with OEM Mopars.
DSC02649.jpg DSC02648.jpg DSC02650.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Did some simple mods to the rig in the last couple of days. One was cutting all four ends of the sliders. When I get larger tires, they would have hit, they were sticking out pretty far toward the tires. Amazingly enough I was able to cut all ends of 3/16" tubing with one sawzall blade and half a can of WD40. I expected to use more blades. The second thing I did was paint my Hilift jack handle black. It was red, and since changing out my tail lights, I didn't like the red, there was no red anywhere else on the Jeep.

DSC02666.jpg DSC02668.jpg DSC02669.jpg DSC02670.jpg DSC02671.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Just got my speedometer calibrator in. Going to install it later today.

DSC02674.JPG

Without thinking, I told my wife the following exact words: "I'm going to put on that speedo thing later today after work." She gave me the weirdest look. I was thinking 'Jeep,' she was thinking something else...

WJCO

Meme King
Speedo Calibrator installed. It's basically a module that you put inline between your VSS signal and actual speedometer/cluster. You can manually adjust it with a knob on the side. Not a lot of speedo adjustment options available for the 99 WJ.

After talking to tech support about it, I was also told the unit can be installed right behind the cluster as opposed to near the ABS module with much more ease. I've driven it 3 or 4 times now with fine tune calibrations. I'm about 2-3 mph off still but I was at 8-10 off before. I recently changed gears and previously had changed tires.

Basically you have 12v ignition power, ground, and two signal wires (input and output). Instructions make it clear how to hook it up. You cut your vehicle's speedo signal wire in two pieces. Then the Jet module gets hooked to each side of the cut wire. This sends the speedo signal through the aftermarket module before reaching your speedo/cluster. The module can be adjusted with a mechanical screw on the side.

DSC02678 (800x449).jpg DSC02679 (800x477).jpg DSC02683 (800x450).jpg DSC02685 (800x450).jpg DSC02687 (800x536).jpg DSC02689 (800x458).jpg DSC02690 (800x449).jpg DSC02691 (800x452).jpg

USMC Wrangler

Just got my speedometer calibrator in. Going to install it later today.

View attachment 184617

Without thinking, I told my wife the following exact words: "I'm going to put on that speedo thing later today after work." She gave me the weirdest look. I was thinking 'Jeep,' she was thinking something else...

Ha ha! I get that look talking about Jeep and gun stuff.

WJCO

Meme King
Did you do any thing to the head lights? My low beams suck. High beams are ok. Its just a daily driver but out where I live it still gets really dark.

I just sent you a PM, but if any other WJ owners have headlight issues, I just switched my fog lights to a 9005 GE Nighthawk Halogen bulb. The brightness is way better. As long as you're ok running your fog lights on a regular basis, this is a great addition without changing out your headlight assemblies. 20 bucks and 10-15 minutes of time.

WJCO

Meme King
Been fighting an intermittent clunk for months now in the LF of the Jeep. Comes and goes at really slow speed turning maneuvers, like in a parking lot, or when hitting small bumps in road. All steering is tight, track bar ends tight, sway bar links tight, ball joints tight. Been pissing me off. Today it did it louder and I was able to create it at a stop while turning the wheel. Had my wife turn the steering wheel while I looked for it. FOUND THE CULPIRT! It was the adjustable track bar jamb nut. I guess it loosened up a few months ago and would occasionally re-tighten. I could actually loosen it by hand to make the clunk louder and tighten it to make the clunk go away. Tightening it and a quick test drive confirmed it is gone! I hate worrying about problems like that that can't be found easily.

WJCO

Meme King
Worked on the tire carrier some more. Installed a spring loaded pop pin so that when open, the swing arm stays in one spot. This was especially important on my inclined driveway as it swings back and hits me or gets in my way. I just welded a little shelf and ground it down on one side to act like a ramp.

I also built some rear sway bar spacers to allow my rear sway bar to clear my new diff cover.

DSC02735.jpg DSC02737.jpg DSC02738.jpg DSC02739.jpg DSC02740.JPG

JeepFan

Hooked
Worked on the tire carrier some more. Installed a spring loaded pop pin so that when open, the swing arm stays in one spot. This was especially important on my inclined driveway as it swings back and hits me or gets in my way. I just welded a little shelf and ground it down on one side to act like a ramp.

I also built some rear sway bar spacers to allow my rear sway bar to clear my new diff cover.

View attachment 186313 View attachment 186314 View attachment 186315 View attachment 186316 View attachment 186317

This explains your absence on the Jeep Parts thread. Lol. Looks good my friend!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Saw a guy with a rig like yours today. Pretty sweet. It was red with the 10A rubi wheels and I believe he said a 4" long arm kit. Very nice rig should have taken a pic. Would love to have one of those.

WJCO

Meme King
Installed some Rigid pillar lights today. They were the Dually Spots. I love how they turned out. The kids love em too. Only people that don't like them so far is my wife and my neighbor.

PILLAR LIGHTS (1).jpg PILLAR LIGHTS (6).jpg PILLAR LIGHTS (5).JPG PILLAR LIGHTS (4).JPG PILLAR LIGHTS (3).JPG PILLAR LIGHTS (2).jpg

Top Bottom