WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks man. Very tempting. Go ahead and use it of you need it. If you still have it by the time I get around to this, I'll take you up on it.

Likely I'll have it. It's been there for about a year already.

I've been trying to go through this whole build thread this morning, now I want to build a WJ!!! This one is badass. Love it man!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Cheap starting platform with a lot of comfort features.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey buddy I have a question regarding your prorock 44, did you use the clayton brackets and coil mounts or the standard mounts for jk's?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Clayton bracket kit comes as an entire set with all axle brackets. They also offer an additional bridge for the longarmwj kit. I used them all other than the upper mounts nor did I order the bridge. I bought from Clayton but had them shipped to Dynatrac. I told Dynatrac ahead of time not to use the upper mounts and to use the standard jk uppers instead. Plus with Dynatrac, the left upper is cast into the pumpkin. Now, if you're already running a long arm kit, you may want to use the uppers as well as they're taller. Talk to Clayton about that. If you go on their website and look at the bracket kit, there is a photo gallery section and it shows the kit installed on a Rubicon axle with their full long arm kit so you can see how it looks.

WJCO

Meme King
Did the fluid change today for the gear break-in. Only 400 miles on them but I had the time to do it today so I did it.

IMG_20170209_155908_098.jpg

IMG_20170209_155945_554.jpg

Very close tolerance with the housing :eek:

IMG_20170209_160105_496.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
What was Dynatracs break in recommendation? Have you been taking it easy?

Dynatrac didn't specifically give me one, but I found some information on their site and it pretty much matched Nitro and Yukon, drive like a little bitch. 500 mile time frame and yes I was easy on it. Axle has been in for 7 weeks and I've only put 400 miles on it. Haven't had it above 65. The hardest I pushed it at all was that last snow run, and don't think I was that hard on the gears.

IMG_20170209_185134_920.jpg

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Dynatrac didn't specifically give me one, but I found some information on their site and it pretty much matched Nitro and Yukon, drive like a little bitch. 500 mile time frame and yes I was easy on it. Axle has been in for 7 weeks and I've only put 400 miles on it. Haven't had it above 65. The hardest I pushed it at all was that last snow run, and don't think I was that hard on the gears.

View attachment 243309

Glad to hear everything is breaking in well. Im sure your looking forward to spring

WJCO

Meme King
Wow that's cool to see your own review up there on Dynatrac says a lot for the company

I just saw this - cool as shit - congrats!

Thanks. I am very happy that Dynatrac was willing to build this axle. And they spent the time with me to make sure it was going to work. Prior to them saying yes, I was really looking at a Rubicon takeoff axle that was going to cost roughly the same :grayno:

Top Bottom