Work shop tools!

132JKPNW

We can do that if you'd like. Your call. It would be nice for people to still add some info about tools that work or don't work in the dialog. We also have a 'show us your garage' thread we could merge this with.

Im not very good at this picture taking and typing between pictures things on my phone. Im fine with whatever direction this thread goes.

bthomas

My hand tools are a collection of mostly Craftsman, NAPA Blackhawk from many years ago, a little bit of Matco, and a few things from Lowes in their Kobalt line. I try to buy quality where it counts, or in tools I will use frequently. I will pick up the occasional use type thing from harbor freight, like the sizes needed for the ginormous nuts on Curry arms, as I'll only need to use them a few times a year at most. I wouldn't buy tools there that you will be using a lot, or if you make your living with them. Get a good floor jack, and at least 2 GOOD jack stands (you will be trusting your life with them at some point), having 4 or 6 can be very helpful depending on the job at hand. As far as electrical tools, buy good quality crimpers, and a good DVM. Nice thing is, you just add what you need as you need it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

While they are not totally necessary i have found that my set of ratcheting wrenches have come in handy so many times and really saved me time and frustration when it comes to bolts that you cant get to with a socket wrench. I am also really impatient so in tight spaces having to constantly lift and re position the wrench to move the bolt like 1/5th of a turn really pisses me off haha. I have a craftsman set and they have worked great. I am also really glad i spent good money on a nice torque wrench.

View attachment 233685
just get the ones with reverse switch or you can get "stuck" when removing a nut/bolt. been there / done that.

daddyusmaximus

Not a "tool" but I like music when I'm working. Besides, half the time, I'm not working... I'm looking for tools I didn't put back from the last time.

I have a Bose bluetooth speaker that lets me have my tunes when out in the garage. I've always had a garage stereo, but mine died, and it was an excuse to go for the bluetooth. Still not a real quality sound, but the Bose is the nicest one for how small it is.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
WTF is that? Medieval torture device?

Tubing bender I think.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, and this took me a long time to really work on and it amazes me that I waited....but my new favorite mod/tool....are lights. I was stupid working on things for years till I finally started to hang shop lights up and also finally got a good under hood light that is really easy to hang and stupid bright.

IMG_7571.jpg

daddyusmaximus

I have been wanting to get some of the newer LED lights for my garage. I hate trying to get the ballasts on my old fluorescent lights going in cold weather. I use head lamps a lot...

Tiaan

Image1482197724.773603.jpg my latest and greatest because all of a sudden Denver CO decided to become really cold[emoji33][emoji33]
Image1482197796.808133.jpg I found these LEDs at Home Depot and man the picture does not do it justice on brightness!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kaylinator

Tubing bender I think.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, and this took me a long time to really work on and it amazes me that I waited....but my new favorite mod/tool....are lights. I was stupid working on things for years till I finally started to hang shop lights up and also finally got a good under hood light that is really easy to hang and stupid bright.

View attachment 235072
Are those lights mounted permanently to the hood? Thinking about getting some Lux rock lights and running 2 of them to the hood.

Top Bottom