Would you buy a repaired salvage Jeep?

Dale72

Hooked
Contact your insurance company before going this route. Insurance may be tough to get. Also do some homework at your state’s DMV website. I would not be surprised to see specific regulations about registering salvaged or “rebuilt” vehicles, such as a potential need for an inspection, certificate, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah this. In Mississippi if it has a salvage title you can't get a tag for it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

My wife wants a Jeep. This will be our 2nd Wrangler and 3rd vehicle over all. So I've been shopping for used Unlimited Rubicons, when I found this listing

https://www.repairablevehiclesnd.co...ed/2014/Bismarck/North-Dakota/5041253/19ND10E

Now that Jeep used to look like this

https://en.bidfax.info/jeep/wrangle...imite-2014-red-36l-vin-1c4bjwfgxel279878.html

I'm a bit paranoid about buying a vehicle that used to be that banged up. However this place specializes in these things, they aren't trying to hide anything, they priced it pretty appropriately imo, and they have a good reputation.

Is this a bad idea or a pretty good deal on a Jeep that would otherwise cost me north of $30k?

If the price was right, and this one isn’t, for a project - absolutely.

For a daily driver? Better look at title, registration, and insurance requirements and how little you’re saving to see if it’s worth it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
I've had 3 salvage/rebuilt title vehicles over the years and have never had a single issue related to the accident with any of them. My salvage mustang actually aligned and handled better than most cars I put on the rack. If it was fixed by somebody who knew what they were doing I wouldn't be concerned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

federally

I've had 3 salvage/rebuilt title vehicles over the years and have never had a single issue related to the accident with any of them. My salvage mustang actually aligned and handled better than most cars I put on the rack. If it was fixed by somebody who knew what they were doing I wouldn't be concerned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

As I said, it's done by a shop that specializes in this exactly. They have a good reputation and a lot of great reviews.

I definitely think I want to go give the thing a test drive at least. If I can talk them down on price I can walk away with a nice JKU for ~$10k under blue book.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
That’s a lot for a salvage I saw one the other day at a used car dealer for 25k and I’m sure it was clean title.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeps123

Salvage? Yes. I did. still have that TJ.

Rollover?????? Probably not. Unless i had some serious mechanics paperwork proving that it was rebuilt strong. Good luck. I'd suggest doing what I"M hoping to do, which is find a LESS damaged jeep, and do MINOR body repair.

Top Bottom