Wrecked my bumper and fender. Any recommendations for replacing them?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I would not spend more than 3.5k on bumper tire-carrier combo(with rigid lights or something and an electronics panel/controller but those are just frosting) but would love to keep it as reasonable and light as possible since I will be re-gearing and locking my rear axle soon and feel like those are more important. Side note I was quoted 3300 for a gear swap and OX locker install, and 8300 for a ProRock 44 and rear axle re-gear and locker. Good prices?

I would probably shop around when it comes to those prices. Also, stick with an ARB. Very rarely will you hear someone complain about one.

Also, if you are considering a PR, look at Northridge4x4. I think you can get a fully loaded PR44 for ~$5200 with an ARB locker (free shipping/no tax). Also might be worth calling Dynatrac directly and chat about what you are looking to do.

Spudcannons

It came out to about 5600 maxed out with all the bells and whistles. There is one place I haven't checked yet that has poison spyder and almost everything at 10-20% off. On a side note I also scraped off the black boot on my rear driveshaft, is this an issue?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It came out to about 5600 maxed out with all the bells and whistles. There is one place I haven't checked yet that has poison spyder and almost everything at 10-20% off. On a side note I also scraped off the black boot on my rear driveshaft, is this an issue?

Are you talking about the boot that protects the splines where the driveshaft extends? If so, you probably want to be looking for a new driveshaft. I'm not 100% sure, but I do not believe that boot is replaceable.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Did you relocate your evap skid? The skid is what probably ripped off the boot. Should be fine, aftermarket drive shafts don't have boots covering the splines.
I would still move the skid over because the weights on the shaft will still rub.

Attachments

• 1431386699779.jpg
    1431386699779.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Spudcannons

Did you relocate your evap skid? The skid is what probably ripped off the boot. Should be fine, aftermarket drive shafts don't have boots covering the splines.
I would still move the skid over because the weights on the shaft will still rub.

That's exactly it. I'm trying to decide on what is most important to remedy after welding on the rock sliders, fenders(might just run no fenders) regear/lock rear, toss the rear bumper and add a carrier.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That's exactly it. I'm trying to decide on what is most important to remedy after welding on the rock sliders, fenders(might just run no fenders) regear/lock rear, toss the rear bumper and add a carrier.

Not hard to relocate the skid. On my build thread I show how I moved mine over. And it's free.
Not sure what you plan on the rock skin, but sliders are a must. Looks like a pretty good battle scar.

Spudcannons

Not hard to relocate the skid. On my build thread I show how I moved mine over. And it's free.
Not sure what you plan on the rock skin, but sliders are a must. Looks like a pretty good battle scar.

I think I can replace the skin and it will be hard to notice. I only really care about the rust in the winter.

Trail JK

Eeek sorry to see the damage, total bummer.

Northridge 4X4 is running some killer package deals on EVO this month if you haven't already checked it out it's worth a look. They have a layaway option and pick up the shipping.

I'm running the LOD rear bumper/tire carrier and I'm very happy with it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431392543.866214.jpg .

Top Bottom