XD229 Machete then and now

jeeeep

Hooked
In 2018, purchased 5 - XD229 Machete for the JKU in 2018, total price of $1812

Was thinking about buying a set for the JLU until I saw the cost - $2980 for 5!

I better get my ass in gear and clean up the ATX Chamber Pro II, found a local wheel machine shop that claims to have the machine to put the machine look back on the wheel.

WJCO

Meme King

I better get my ass in gear and clean up the ATX Chamber Pro II, found a local wheel machine shop that claims to have the machine to put the machine look back on the wheel.
Stop being a bitch. Bidenomics is working. C'mon, Jack.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

The first 35’s I bought for my two door were right at a grand for five. Probably could get two for that now.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Back in 2021 raw aluminum skyrocketed by approx 80% and shipping overseas nearly doubled. This had a direct effect on wheel pricing (amongst other things). Prices never really came back down and, of course, inflation…

I’ll also add, in a lot of cases wholesale cost nearly exceeded retail pricing as a result.

Last edited:
Yeah, everything has gone way up. Wheels, tires, you name it. The new 38" tire I just bought cost more than the 40's on Moby!
Yikes! I just checked my America’s Tire and with tax I’m looking at nearly $3200 for 38” ridge or trail grapplers! The 37s are going for $2600 with tax.

Ddays

Hooked

If they come out how you want them, find a good powder coating shop that will do them in clear. It's worth it. Mine are going on 4 years now and they look great. I no longer drive it once salt hits the road, but still, they look brand new. So much easy cleaning up too.

TheGrendel

i'm driving my JKU a lot more especially in Houston. i was looking at getting another set of wheels and tires for daily driving and using my KMC Nitto 40s for offroading. I can't get into a set of 4 wheels and tires for less than like 3500 bucks.

jesse3638

Hooked
i'm driving my JKU a lot more especially in Houston. i was looking at getting another set of wheels and tires for daily driving and using my KMC Nitto 40s for offroading. I can't get into a set of 4 wheels and tires for less than like 3500 bucks.
Yeah I was looking at tires the other day because my cooper's are cupping and wearing bad. At $450+ for the tires I want in 37" I'll deal with the washboard feeling and sounds of an airplane. Once their bald it'll smooth out....haha.

jlbanzet

I’ve kept a running total of what I’ve spent on the rig. I thought it would be fun a few weeks ago to look at the current prices of everything I bought for it and compare to what I paid for it. Two vastly different numbers.

Top Bottom