Yet another build thread...

CCTX50

Looks like you are doing functional, smart mods instead of forcing it with cheap parts. Hmmm...I'm in the same boat! :D

Yes, I'm trying to do it right the first time. I know I will always want more but baby steps first. Learning what a stock jeep will do first. Amazing!

CCTX50

Just a few pictures from the 2015 Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree. Looking forward to hitting the trails again but I hope that I have a little more lift on it. The family and I just got back from Disney so I am having to re-save money for new toys for the Jeep.

JJTS15 9.jpg JJTS15 2.jpg

CCTX50

Beach run

Went out to the beach last night. It was actually pretty dark outside but my Galaxy S6 brightened up the photo. Actually had to drive out there with headlights on to see. Hummmm?
20150804_204252.jpg

CCTX50

It has been a while since I last posted up on my thread. Money has been tight and has gone to Mr. Walt Disney and both by daughters soccer. Both play on select teams and it is not cheap. I have been waiting for the warranty to run out before any big changes. Well, I have only about three weeks left. Hopefully the $$$ will get saved up and I can really start to mod the Jeep. Went out today and parked my Jeep at a local nature park. When I came back I had a giant bird with a fish in it's mouth sitting on top. LOL.

012416.jpg

Napalm

It has been a while since I last posted up on my thread. Money has been tight and has gone to Mr. Walt Disney and both by daughters soccer. Both play on select teams and it is not cheap. I have been waiting for the warranty to run out before any big changes. Well, I have only about three weeks left. Hopefully the $$$ will get saved up and I can really start to mod the Jeep. Went out today and parked my Jeep at a local nature park. When I came back I had a giant bird with a fish in it's mouth sitting on top. LOL.

View attachment 184322

Nothing wrong with a Stock Jk for now :) that's what I'm basing my new around.. No major mods.

CCTX50

Nothing wrong with a Stock Jk for now :) that's what I'm basing my new around.. No major mods.

Nah, don't get me wrong. Learning what a stock Jeep will do is amazing. Very capable without any mods. But after almost 3 years I am really wanting to jump up in size. The EVO Enforcer is calling my name. Not out of this world priced and quality. All in due time.

Napalm

Nah, don't get me wrong. Learning what a stock Jeep will do is amazing. Very capable without any mods. But after almost 3 years I am really wanting to jump up in size. The EVO Enforcer is calling my name. Not out of this world priced and quality. All in due time.

Exactly. I feel like with my last Jeep, it was my first brand new one and I didn't get to really enjoy and use it for a stock Jeep long enough. Just to avoid potential problems, and overspending, myself and my wife both agree that we are steering clear from any major mods. It's strange for most to understand, but we love the Jeep just for what it is :)

CCTX50

CC,
when is this Texas Jeep jamboree?

It is March 17-19th is the Texas Spur Jeep Jam. It is sold out. You have to sign up in the first 6-12 hours once registration opens up. It is crazy how fast this one fills up. I am not going to make it this year though. I can tell you that we had a blast there in 2015. There is also Palo Duro Canyon Jeep Jam later this year. Not sure of the dates though. I hear that is more dirt where Texas Spur is 95% rock. You should do it one year.

How is the new Jeep coming along? I still have not done much to mine due to money issues. Seems my children love to play soccer all over Texas and sometimes out of state so that takes up my Jeep fund. Was up in Tyler/Longview last month for soccer. I actually went through Onyx old thread today. I might just start out Evo Level and run 35's for a while to I get some real money to do the Enforcer lift. When you had Onyx with 35's, was there any rubbing issues? What about when you were at full droop? I am looking at the Level kit, 35's on Method NV wheels. I guess the same backspacing 4.75 that you had would work just fine right? I still have my stock bumpers also.

Napalm

It is March 17-19th is the Texas Spur Jeep Jam. It is sold out. You have to sign up in the first 6-12 hours once registration opens up. It is crazy how fast this one fills up. I am not going to make it this year though. I can tell you that we had a blast there in 2015. There is also Palo Duro Canyon Jeep Jam later this year. Not sure of the dates though. I hear that is more dirt where Texas Spur is 95% rock. You should do it one year.

How is the new Jeep coming along? I still have not done much to mine due to money issues. Seems my children love to play soccer all over Texas and sometimes out of state so that takes up my Jeep fund. Was up in Tyler/Longview last month for soccer. I actually went through Onyx old thread today. I might just start out Evo Level and run 35's for a while to I get some real money to do the Enforcer lift. When you had Onyx with 35's, was there any rubbing issues? What about when you were at full droop? I am looking at the Level kit, 35's on Method NV wheels. I guess the same backspacing 4.75 that you had would work just fine right? I still have my stock bumpers also.

The new Jeep is coming along well. It's been nice just to worry about driving it. It is tempting to want to just run out and do a bunch of mods, but I remember this situation that it put me in with the black one, and it's not somewhere I want to be again. I've thought about the possibility of in the long future just upgrading to some Rubicon takeoff's(wheels, tires, springs, shocks) But, that would be the most as far as suspension/wheels and tires would go. What's your secret to remain stock? LoL

The EVO level is a great choice. I ran it then, i'd run it now without hesitation. Even when I ran 35's with full fenders, I had no rubbing issues around town. Off-road the flat fenders definitely helped out. Depending on how intense your wheeling is, You shouldn't have any problems. One thing I loved about the EVO level, is that is very simple. It's a super easy install, and only 4 components. Not a lot of room for parts to fail. And the backspacing on the Method wheels will do fine. Let me know if there are any other questions that I can answer.

CCTX50

Recent trip to ranch

Over the Easter weekend I went up to the ranch and took a few pics using a phone app. Kinda cool looking.
SuperPhoto_160327105646.jpg

Top Bottom