Yosemite National Park

dahreno

Banned
Was there a ton of people there ? It didn't look like it in you pics. Th last time I was there and camped was when my son was about three . He is now 28 !. I said then that I would never go back, it was like a zoo.It also took months to get a camping spot because all the people. Maybe it was just a bad year. Your pics. were great. I used to go there alot when I was a kid with my family. That was probably 45 years ago !(yes , I am an old fart!) When we went there as children, they used to let the fire fall.If you don't know what that is you should look it up. It was fantastic. They would actually drop fire off a mountain at night . It looked like a fire waterfall.It was magical as a child.

saFFFari

Great pics Chris. I'd like to share a pic myself. Every year we drive up to Hodgden meadows and the last year we had an experience- not with bears (cause we still haven't seen one) rather the squirrels. Those things get aggressive out there. In a nut shell-- (story time)

It's 7am, I wake up to use the restroom and brush my teeth while the rest of my family is making coffee. Hear a loud cry.. It's my 6year old step son. My girlfriend runs into the tent to see what's the matter.. And here's the picture

image-2788951343.jpg

So this massive widow maker falls thru the canvas (2 layers) and smacks him in the side of the face (thank goodness for his pillow absorbing some impact). It fell 20ft plus (have to assume as that was the lowest possible branch) and the squirrel came down looking for it... Didn't find it, so it went up (this time we watched it) and drops another one 10ft from our tent. When he came down, we tried to shoo him away and the little sucker starts screaming at us in squirrel talk. Mean Lil guy. Anyhow - Andrew was ok.. Just suffered tree sap in his hair and some slight bruising.

StrizzyChris

There were SO MANY people there. From what I was told, may to Sept is peak season with June July and Aug being worse. It took a lot of patience and positioning to get most my shots!

Last edited:

jmm176

There were SO MANY people there. From what I was told, may to Sept is peak season with June July and Aug being worse. It took a lot of patience and positioning to get most my shots!

The terrain and scenery just south in the sierra Nat forest is very similar...without the people. Plus there are more ohv trails. Huntington lake, shaver lake, dinkey creek, Courtright resivoir are some places to check out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

Beautiful pics man. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
That's the one place we are trying to visit this year.

TRAUMAhead

Don't go on Memorial Weekend, spent a couple hours waiting to drive down to Glacier's Point, and another couple hours stuck in traffic trying to drive around the valley once. A couple pics taken by my friend with a Canon 5D Mark II.

Cloud's Rest
7312485744_e23741e60b_b.jpg

Hiking up Mt Hoffman
7306208466_daa4fb9762_b.jpg

Yosemite Falls
5830376227_ef09e040dc_b.jpg

Yosemite Falls on Glacier Point
4744480337_1cb50f1a67_b.jpg

Tunnel view
4759125819_068c2acea5_b.jpg

StrizzyChris

wow traumahead...sweet pics! Thats the kind of stuff I'd like to learn how to do! :yup: :thumb:

ps...I like the name! Any meaning behind that?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don't go on Memorial Weekend, spent a couple hours waiting to drive down to Glacier's Point, and another couple hours stuck in traffic trying to drive around the valley once. A couple pics taken by my friend with a Canon 5D Mark II.

Cloud's Rest
7312485744_e23741e60b_b.jpg

Hiking up Mt Hoffman
7306208466_daa4fb9762_b.jpg

Yosemite Falls
5830376227_ef09e040dc_b.jpg

Yosemite Falls on Glacier Point
4744480337_1cb50f1a67_b.jpg

Tunnel view
4759125819_068c2acea5_b.jpg

X'2! Love those pics! Absolutely beautiful.

Top Bottom