Yukon JK Ball Joints ???

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I have no experience with those joints, but I would be curious if they are greasable. The image shown on the site does not show a fitting, but it may be a stock image. If they lack a grease fitting, I would probably put them in the category as stock joints. Is his Jeep stock with stock sized tires?

I have no experience with those joints, but I would be curious if they are greasable. The image shown on the site does not show a fitting, but it may be a stock image. If they lack a grease fitting, I would probably put them in the category as stock joints. Is his Jeep stock with stock sized tires?

I haven't seen them in person yet, but from what I can see I agree with you. They look like non greaseabel ones to me too.

He is on 35s but never off road. Stock joints lasted 50k miles.

Well, I am going to take the lack of replies as either they are okay, or no one runs them... In any case, I haven't found anything to prompt me to suggest the purchase of another brand so I'll see what they look like and provide feedback.

Mjay

Yukon is a fairly reputable company with decent products as far as I know. I'll be interested to see what you think.

I got to lay eyes on these last night. I’ll try to post some pictures later, but I am pretty optimistic! Especially for $110 shipped for two sets.

The picture on the Yukon site is definitely NOT what you get (in a good way). Both upper and lower joints are greaseable, but the lower’s zerk is in the top so post install services are not really possible.

HSorry for the delayed update and picture. I got busy with work and then, focused on finally completing the repairs on the wife's Jeep.

Here is what the Yukon Joints look like:
IMG_20150307_112249908.jpg

Now for some info and thoughts:

The set my buddy purchased were both grease-able upper and lower but as mentioned earlier I had to plug the lower after installing and greasing as the zerk pointed straight up.

I ended up getting a set for the wife's Jeep after this install. It's tough to judge these by what they look like but they certainly didn't look any worse than an Alloy or Synergy Joint and at half the cost I thought we would try them too.

When our sets arrived, one box had a lower that was grease-able and the other box's lower wasn't. I called the place I purchased them from and they quickly resolved the issue and would have another box sent to me. Unfortunately, when the box arrived, the second box had a lower non-grease-able joint. The distributor informed me there was a revised version but couldn't confirm if the grease-able or non-grease-able lower was the updated version so if you buy these be prepared and okay with a non-grease-able lower. Still at $55 a set, they seem worth a shot.

On installations I found all the lower joints to have a very long thread. I have a nice Ball-Joint installation/Removal set which includes the Chrysler specific tools, but I did not have a cup deep enough to clear the threads. I ended up having to buy an add on kit for my set that has some longer cups. In the end this kit ate up most of the cost savings I had by using these joints.

We have only driven about a hundred miles, but I will update (when I'm asked or remember) on how they hold up.

Last edited:

noroad

Sorry for the delayed update and picture. I got busy with work and then, focused on finally completing the repairs on the wife's Jeep.

Here is what the Yukon Joints look like:

Now for some info and thoughts:

The set my buddy purchased were both grease-able upper and lower but as mentioned earlier I had to plug the lower after installing and greasing as the zerk pointed straight up.

I ended up getting a set for the wife's Jeep after this install. It's tough to judge these by what they look like but they certainly didn't look any worse than an Alloy or Synergy Joint and at half the cost I thought we would try them too.

When our sets arrived, one box had a lower that was grease-able and the other box's lower wasn't. I called the place I purchased them from and they quickly resolved the issue and would have another box sent to me. Unfortunately, when the box arrived, the second box had a lower non-grease-able joint. The distributor informed me their was a revised version but couldn't confirm if the grease-able or non-grease-able lower was the updated version so if you buy these be prepared and okay with a non-grease-able lower. Still at $55 a set, they seem worth a shot.

On installations I found all the lower joints to have a very long thread. I have a nice Ball-Joint installation/Removal set which includes the Chrysler specific tools, but I did not have a cup deep enough to clear the threads. I ended up having to buy an add on kit for my set that has some longer cups. In the end this kit ate up most of the cost savings I had by using these joints.

We have only driven about a hundred miles, but I will update (when I'm asked or remember) on how they hold up.

Good stuff, not sure if i like the lower not being grease-able as i feel that one goes bad first most of the time(for me).

Good stuff, not sure if i like the lower not being grease-able as i feel that one goes bad first most of the time(for me).

I agree with you... But our goal is to spend as little as possible on a D30 and get a 44 under this Jeep in the next year. Hopefully these will do the trick.

Top Bottom