Zeon 8 vs Zeon 10

WJCO

Meme King
[emoji23] I think I may just do that.

My main reasoning is that anyone else reading that doesn't follow bad information. Other reason is because he was too confidently acting like a jackass without verifying what he confidently stated. He should be called out.

CarolinaJK

My main reasoning is that anyone else reading that doesn't follow bad information. Other reason is because he was too confidently acting like a jackass without verifying what he confidently stated. He should be called out.

That's true. Far too often do people run their mouths without knowing what their talking about.

CarolinaJK

I just want to give a HUGE shoutout to Wes at Trail Jeeps. Completely awesome customer service and got me my winch in just two days! Trail Jeeps has definitely earned my business. [emoji106]🏽

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459863832.380778.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459863832.380778.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I just want to give a HUGE shoutout to Wes at Trail Jeeps. Completely awesome customer service and got me my winch in just two days! Trail Jeeps has definitely earned my business. [emoji106]

Wow. That's fast shipping. Congrats.

ScoobyCarolanNC

This is fact. If the engine is running, Your winch is running off the charging system anyway and has nothing to do with the CCA of the battery.

I agree with this as well. I am running a stock battery with my PowerPlant12 with no issues also. :thumb: But I do NOT winch without the engine running. I have used the air compressor without the engine running to air up though...

Congrats on the winch. Just wanted to add my $.02 to the power conversation. If you have an AEV procal, it has a high idle mode which can be used for winches, welders, etc. Just one of the reasons I bought one.

CarolinaJK

Haha. So true. You should have seen the UPS man the day he delivered my 1/4 pounder, LOD Sliders, and Warn M8000 winch to me. He was not thrilled.

The day my 1/4 pounder was delivered, my UPS guy look less than thrilled as well. I always tell them to just get it off of the truck and I'll take it from there.
Congrats on the winch. Just wanted to add my $.02 to the power conversation. If you have an AEV procal, it has a high idle mode which can be used for winches, welders, etc. Just one of the reasons I bought one.

I do have a Procal. Thanks for the info.

CarolinaJK

It says to bolt in the fairlead with the top bolt but that seems wrong to me?
Edit:
Nevermind LOL

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459955994.579998.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459955994.579998.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
It says to bolt in the fairlead with the top bolt but that seems wrong to me?

Nevermind LOL

You should have received a hawse, not a roller.

Also, don't make the mistake I did. Make sure the bolts on the fairlead have the studs/threads pointing OUT away from the vehicle. I did it the other way and had to cut it cause the threads hit the winch. I originally thought it was a clearance problem with my mount (which is why I cut the bolts), but then realized I was just being a jackass and installed them in the wrong direction. Too late now. I'd have to pull the winch to re-do it.

CarolinaJK

You should have received a hawse, not a roller.

Also, don't make the mistake I did. Make sure the bolts on the fairlead have the studs/threads pointing OUT away from the vehicle. I did it the other way and had to cut it cause the threads hit the winch. I originally thought it was a clearance problem with my mount (which is why I cut the bolts), but then realized I was just being a jackass and installed them in the wrong direction. Too late now. I'd have to pull the winch to re-do it.

Nah you receive a roller with the 10. Also I did the same and cut the bolts LOL.

WJCO

Meme King
Nah you receive a roller with the 10. Also I did the same and cut the bolts LOL.

Lol. At least I'm not the only one.

If anyone is wondering what we're talking about, I've included pictures below. Basically the shiny chrome nut is twice as thick as the bolt head, it should go on the OUTSIDE of the fairlead. If it doesn't, it could hit your winch body on a lot of bumper applications. I figured it was my winch mount so I just cut part of the shiny nut to actually get my winch to fasten down on the mount. It wasn't until after I cut it that I realized I installed it wrong. Live and learn.

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03058.JPG

DSC03059.JPG

DSC03062.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Only the 10s would come with the hawse. When I installed mine, with the hawse, I had no issue running the fairlead bolts toward the winch? Might depend on bumper and fairlead mount plate as well though??

Top Bottom