High Lakes Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

Back Country

Sure. How would you like it to read?

I am excusing Mister Panda from work on August 5th - 10th to jeep with his buddies. According to California State Law all employees have the right to enjoy mental health days in order to be productive employees and citizens. The great outdoors is the best way to decompress and release unwanted stress. Please comply to this request or other actions will be needed to help move this request along.

Thank you,
Back Country

I gave you a couple of extra days for prep and repair! Let me know how it goes.:yup:

Panda

I am excusing Mister Panda from work on August 5th - 10th to jeep with his buddies. According to California State Law all employees have the right to enjoy mental health days in order to be productive employees and citizens. The great outdoors is the best way to decompress and release unwanted stress. Please comply to this request or other actions will be needed to help move this request along.

Thank you,
Back Country

I gave you a couple of extra days for prep and repair! Let me know how it goes.:yup:

Perfect!!! :thumb:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Thank you,
Back Country

Man, can you write me a doctor's note too? :D

TheHolyGrail

Hey guys, I'm new here. Mostly reading threads for the last year. I need to squeeze a camping trip in with my 11 year old before my kiddos start school. We typically go to the eastern sierras for fishing, but I've been wanting to hit the Rubicon. It would be great to go with a group that can show me the milder routes. You guys open to a new guy tagging along? -Steve

Hey guys, I'm new here. Mostly reading threads for the last year. I need to squeeze a camping trip in with my 11 year old before my kiddos start school. We typically go to the eastern sierras for fishing, but I've been wanting to hit the Rubicon. It would be great to go with a group that can show me the milder routes. You guys open to a new guy tagging along? -Steve

You are more then welcome to join the run. Don't think it will be on the Rubicon though because of jeepers jamboree USA, but we will be going somewhere.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Hey Steve!

As Ricky mentioned, it looks like the Rubicon is out for this trip as its the Jamboree weekend. Hopefully we'll have another plan soon.

In the meantime, I'll get you added to the going list. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Rox Star

Hope you can make it. Sounds like there will be a lot of kids on this trip. This is a good bunch of folks too, so everyone will have fun!:clap2:

Back Country

Today I decided to install a EVO Protek System under my 2012 JKU. I noticed a small bit of red fluid seeping from the bottom bolt of the transmission. It was coming out of the threaded hole. I have had the jeep for 3 weeks and there has been zero drops on the driveway and the underside appears to have no fluids splattered from wind during driving. Is this normal or Bad. Should I have it fixed now, fix it myself now or later. Is there anything I should check NOW? Please help, I am very new to Jeeps and car talk in general :eek:

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Panda

Today I decided to install a EVO Protek System under my 2012 JKU. I noticed a small bit of red fluid seeping from the bottom bolt of the transmission. It was coming out of the threaded hole. I have had the jeep for 3 weeks and there has been zero drops on the driveway and the underside appears to have no fluids splattered from wind during driving. Is this normal or Bad. Should I have it fixed now, fix it myself now or later. Is there anything I should check NOW? Please help, I am very new to Jeeps and car talk in general :eek:

View attachment 156061

View attachment 156062

Did you buy it new? If so you should take it back to the dealer, it takes a close examination to find the leak sometimes

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It is a used 2012. It is under warranty, just didn't know if this was a big deal. The fluid is from the bottom bolt hole.

Yup, under warranty=take it in!

That said, if it isn't dropping on the ground and the fluid level isn't dropping on the dipstick, you'll be OK for a bit. And like Panda said, a leak anywhere on that housing will manifest itself at that lower bolt hole, so it could be a number of things leaking.

Top Bottom