High Lakes Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

Mrs.2013rubirick

Okay, so we're definitely in for Thursday night and wheeling friday. Our plan is to camp at the loon lake trail head where we usually stay then Wheel Friday as far as we can then head out Wentworth. What do you all think?

I just figured Wentworth because it's something we haven't done yet and I wanted to mix it up a bit :)
Can't wait!!! My jeep is tired of just seeing highway commuting :\

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Okay, so we're definitely in for Thursday night and wheeling friday. Our plan is to camp at the loon lake trail head where we usually stay then Wheel Friday as far as we can then head out Wentworth. What do you all think?

I just figured Wentworth because it's something we haven't done yet and I wanted to mix it up a bit :)
Can't wait!!! My jeep is tired of just seeing highway commuting :\

Sounds like a good plan to me! :thumb:

Does anyone know how difficult it is to obtain camping spots at Wentworth (especially on a Friday evening)? Since a handful of us are spending the weekend up there, I'm just wondering if it would be better to leave our gear at the Loon trail head or pack it up and spend the weekend at Wentworth.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Let me know where people will be Friday night around 8 or first thing day morning. Are we wheeling say too?

I think the plan would be wheeling Saturday as well. I am thinking the weekend warriors would end up at Wentworth, but that may depend on campsite availability.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
What would everyone think about camping at the Loon Lake Campgrounds rather than on the trail? Since we would be leaving our gear for a couple of days as we head out on the trail, I wonder if the dedicated campgrounds would be a little more secure.

07JKSahara

I think the plan would be wheeling Saturday as well. I am thinking the weekend warriors would end up at Wentworth, but that may depend on campsite availability.

Okay, sounds good.

And yes, autocorrect; Saturday... Autocorrect is ducking ridiculous sometimes!

Back Country

Looks like Jeep Jamboree USA will be on the Rubicon from the 7th-8th. Does anybody know how many jeep they run?

Last edited:
Top Bottom