High Lakes Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

07JKSahara

2 more options. Signal Peak/Fordyce or "the other rubicon".

Also, I'd be willing to go the high lakes. That's usually a crowd pleaser but a relatively long drive.

Rox Star

2 more options. Signal Peak/Fordyce or "the other rubicon".

Also, I'd be willing to go the high lakes. That's usually a crowd pleaser but a relatively long drive.

Sierra Trek is that week on Foredyce. Signal Peak is 'hooked' to Foredyce at the beginning so it may be 'busy' too.

I am willing to go almost anywhere...would like to keep it on the mild side, if possible, as it will be my boy's 1st trail run driving their TJ:rock:

07JKSahara

Rubicon Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

Sierra Trek is that week on Foredyce. Signal Peak is 'hooked' to Foredyce at the beginning so it may be 'busy' too.

I am willing to go almost anywhere...would like to keep it on the mild side, if possible, as it will be my boy's 1st trail run driving their TJ:rock:

That's right, forgot about the Sierra trek :(

Throw out there

- slick rock and deer valley to the first water crossing. (Forest service said its okay to run as long as you don't cross water.)

- High Lakes?
- Eastern Sierras in the Carson city area? Long drive, but maybe best for this time of year.

Last edited:

Back Country

Thinking High Lakes sounds fun and Signal Peak! Are they close enough to be combine over a couple of days?

Last edited:

MotoMatthew

If you do slick rock and deer valley please do slick rock first in case I can't get off early. Would like to do deer valley. Open to anything though.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
OK, I think the spot is finally nailed down. High Lakes. :)

I chatted with Ricky last night and it sounds like their plan is hit the trail first thing Friday morning.

For the group of us camping, how does camping out on the trail sound Thursday night and then we can work our way to the trailhead Friday morning?

For everyone on the going and maybe lists, can you confirm if your are going to make it or not and which days? Also whether or not you plan on camping. This will help picking out a camping spot.

Woo hoo! :beer:

07JKSahara

I'm in, most likely drive up after work Friday. I'll find your camp hopefully. I've been there before and know where Jason/Jenn usually camp. So let me know what cb channel and I'll meet up with you.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'm in, most likely drive up after work Friday. I'll find your camp hopefully. I've been there before and know where Jason/Jenn usually camp. So let me know what cb channel and I'll meet up with you.

Awesome! I plan on texting Jason today and getting a few details of the camping options up there. I'll post some info hopefully this afternoon.

Just for planning, are you planning on camping through Sunday?

07JKSahara

Awesome! I plan on texting Jason today and getting a few details of the camping options up there. I'll post some info hopefully this afternoon.

Just for planning, are you planning on camping through Sunday?

Probably. Wife and Daughter are out of town all weekend so I'm really flexible.

Hopefully camp here...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438350493.387178.jpg .

Rox Star

OK, I think the spot is finally nailed down. High Lakes. :)

I chatted with Ricky last night and it sounds like their plan is hit the trail first thing Friday morning.

For the group of us camping, how does camping out on the trail sound Thursday night and then we can work our way to the trailhead Friday morning?

For everyone on the going and maybe lists, can you confirm if your are going to make it or not and which days? Also whether or not you plan on camping. This will help picking out a camping spot.

Woo hoo! :beer:

I'll be rolling in Fri afternoon (will scoot out of work early). I plan on camping Fri and Sat nights.:clap2:

07JKSahara

Rubicon Camping & Wheeling Trip 8/6-8/9

By chance do you remember how far/long it is from the trailhead? Just trying to plan out Friday and make sure it's a reasonable journey back to the trailhead to meet the group.

I think we clocked it at 15 miles but more than half of that is on dirt roads you can get some speed. To meet at the "t" I think is maybe 2 or 3.

Jason, keep me honest. Does that sound about right?

Top Bottom