GraniteCrystal build thread

Brute

Hooked
Went for a drive with the kiddo to REI this morning. Doors were still off and it's snowing outside. No worries. Until we get there and I realize my wallet fell out of my sweatpants, out if the Jeep, and is on the road somewhere. End up tracing our steps back, not finding it, getting a babysitter to come over during his nap so I can look for it, and thankfully find it a half mile away from my house, two credit cards strewn across the road. So thankful to have everything back. Worst "this ought to be fun with my son" outing ever.

That's never a good feeling...I once left the driveway to go get gas...when I got to the gas station, I realized I left my wallet on the roof to get the coffee into the cab...I looked on the roof and it was still there (amazing)...you go through several serious levels of emotion ending with elation when you find it...I'm glad you found yours...

GraniteCrystal

That's never a good feeling...I once left the driveway to go get gas...when I got to the gas station, I realized I left my wallet on the roof to get the coffee into the cab...I looked on the roof and it was still there (amazing)...you go through several serious levels of emotion ending with elation when you find it...I'm glad you found yours...

So true. One time, back when I had my old TJ, I put my laptop on the hood, right in front of the windshield. It was nighttime so not very visible. I drove 15 min home, walked inside, went to grab my laptop and had this complete moment of panic, picturing little bits of my CPU spread across the road, getting trampled by some cement truck. Ran out to the Jeep, and there she was, hadn't moved an inch. Those little rubber feet on the bottom had enough traction to hold onto the hood. Amazing.

Scary!!!!! Glad you found it though!

Glad you found it.

Me too!

GraniteCrystal

Outing

Went to White Ranch Open Space park for a 5 mile hike this morning.

Here is Scout at the trailhead
IMG_20160504_110625.jpg

The view from half way up
IMG_20160504_103606.jpg

When we got back, we came across a group of middle schoolers on their way to camp at the top...with GOATS!
IMG_20160504_110215.jpg

And saw this guy on the way home. Is there a reason to have your snorkel facing backward?
IMG_20160504_112122.jpg

COLOJK

Went for a drive with the kiddo to REI this morning. Doors were still off and it's snowing outside. No worries. Until we get there and I realize my wallet fell out of my sweatpants, out if the Jeep, and is on the road somewhere. End up tracing our steps back, not finding it, getting a babysitter to come over during his nap so I can look for it, and thankfully find it a half mile away from my house, two credit cards strewn across the road. So thankful to have everything back. Worst "this ought to be fun with my son" outing ever.

Yikes I'm glad you found it! I always make sure to take everything out of my outside pockets when I have the doors off for this very reason.

Napalm

Went to White Ranch Open Space park for a 5 mile hike this morning.

Here is Scout at the trailhead

The view from half way up

When we got back, we came across a group of middle schoolers on their way to camp at the top...with GOATS!

And saw this guy on the way home. Is there a reason to have your snorkel facing backward?

Looks like a fun trip. Colorado is such a beautiful place!!

FLKEYSJK

Glad you found everything! I've had the same thing happen to me but with my phone.

GraniteCrystal

Just got wheel spacers from Eddie! Woo!

Anybody know if the different colors mean anything? I assumed all four were identical. Maybe just "blemished" so they were lower price to begin with? Just checking it's not trying to tell me front/rear or something

Attachments

• 1462410257974.jpg
    1462410257974.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 337

WJCO

Meme King
Just got wheel spacers from Eddie! Woo!

Anybody know if the different colors mean anything? I assumed all four were identical. Maybe just "blemished" so they were lower price to begin with? Just checking it's not trying to tell me front/rear or something

The lighter-colored ones self-destruct at about 20k. Looks like Eddie sold them to you just in time.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
View attachment 201652

You see dipshits here doing that all time or building one out of 3" stainless tube and running it straight back over the roof.

It comes from winch competition trucks and its too stop mud and water being splashed up into the snorkel when you hit a bog or river at 40+mph.

Stupid part is that on a gas powered car at highway speeds it will cause the engine to lean out potentially causing damage.

GraniteCrystal

Wheel Spacers

Installed the wheel spacers yesterday. Followed the write-up from Eddie which was great. Here are a few shots from my install

Little man helping me out:
IMG_20160505_094944.jpg

Got the tire off, rotors exposed:
IMG_20160505_095014.jpg

Wheel spacer on:
IMG_20160505_100216.jpg

Before/after pic:
before_after.jpg

All done:
IMG_20160505_163904.jpg

Not such a big change the wife could notice, but something little that was driving me crazy in terms of the look of the Jeep. And I'll need them to run bigger tires, so I'm feeling good about the purchase.

EDIT: she did notice! also, note to self: did this at 35,800 miles so check torque on spacers at 95 ft-lbs at 36,300 miles

Last edited:

Napalm

Installed the wheel spacers yesterday. Followed the write-up from Eddie which was great. Here are a few shots from my install

Little man helping me out:
View attachment 201921

Got the tire off, rotors exposed:
View attachment 201922

Wheel spacer on:
View attachment 201923

Before/after pic:
View attachment 201920

All done:
View attachment 201924

Not such a big change the wife could notice, but something little that was driving me crazy in terms of the look of the Jeep. And I'll need them to run bigger tires, so I'm feeling good about the purchase.

Changes the look completely. Great mod for your rig!

GraniteCrystal

Hey Scott, make sure you've taken off all of those clips that Jeep put on your wheel studs to secure your rotors. If you didn't remove them before the spacer install, your spacers won't be flush correctly and could lead to issues.

This was the recommendation of Spider Trax too.

Good eye! Not to worry; pic was taken before removing them but I did make sure to take them all off.

It's gonna look even better once the budget boost is on there. Enjoy....

Indeed! Thanks again!

Top Bottom