GraniteCrystal build thread

boardsurfer

Thanks! I take it you've done Red Cone based on your profile. Anything technical to it or mostly just steep coming down the backside? Wondering if my Jeep and I would be up for it this summer.

Sorry I missed this. It isnt too bad. There are one or two spots that will need a little finesse around the rocks, but you should be fine. Might give your skids a workout. Just before crossing the tree line there is a small rock garden. I took a far right line because it seemed the easiest, and also because at the time there was a TJ high centered right in the middle. Lol. :D

Im always up for a Red Cone run, let me know if you want company.

GraniteCrystal

Sorry I missed this. It isnt too bad. There are one or two spots that will need a little finesse around the rocks, but you should be fine. Might give your skids a workout. Just before crossing the tree line there is a small rock garden. I took a far right line because it seemed the easiest, and also because at the time there was a TJ high centered right in the middle. Lol. :D

Im always up for a Red Cone run, let me know if you want company.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if we do it this summer.

GraniteCrystal

Looks good. Very practical. I think it's funny that you and I both bought them from China and both of us had a clip break off of them before even trying them out. :cheesy:

Yeah, got what I paid for. A little needle and thread while watching TV and it should hold much better now.

FLKEYSJK

That's good to hear cause I just ordered some! Hoping the cop will go easy on me if I get pulled over since I have them on order

Yeah I doubt you'll have any issues with cops since they're on order, the only downside is that you have to bolt them on every time, but that's just me being lazy[emoji23].

Havoc40

I picked up the Rugged Ridge mirrors locally for cheap. They're sort of a pain in the ass to set-up every time but, they work.

Nice color btw ;)

20160416_132442[1].jpg

I also use the rugged ridge mirrors! They are alright not to bad! But if you don't mind spending the extra money Kicback off road makes a mirror and footpeg in one and super easy to set up that's my next purchase I'll be making!

GraniteCrystal

I also use the rugged ridge mirrors! They are alright not to bad! But if you don't mind spending the extra money Kicback off road makes a mirror and footpeg in one and super easy to set up that's my next purchase I'll be making!

Thanks for the recommendation. $150 though. Dang. Yeah, gonna save that toward a lift instead. They look nice though.

GraniteCrystal

Free Budget Boost

Looks like it's going to open up a monsoon? Check.
IMG_20160425_193346.jpg

Doors and top off? Check.
IMG_20160425_193746.jpg

Meeting a fellow Wayalifer to score a free 2.5" Teraflex Budget Boost? Totally worth it.
IMG_20160425_195730.jpg

Thanks Dan!

GraniteCrystal

Installed Safari Mirrors

Installed the Quadratec Safari Mirrors on Scout. Feels good to be legal again and not looking over my should and I think they look pretty good.

IMG_20160427_093912.jpg

IMG_20160427_094202.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Went for a drive with the kiddo to REI this morning. Doors were still off and it's snowing outside. No worries. Until we get there and I realize my wallet fell out of my sweatpants, out if the Jeep, and is on the road somewhere. End up tracing our steps back, not finding it, getting a babysitter to come over during his nap so I can look for it, and thankfully find it a half mile away from my house, two credit cards strewn across the road. So thankful to have everything back. Worst "this ought to be fun with my son" outing ever.

Attachments

• 1462042930471.jpg
    1462042930471.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 315

Napalm

Went for a drive with the kiddo to REI this morning. Doors were still off and it's snowing outside. No worries. Until we get there and I realize my wallet fell out of my sweatpants, out if the Jeep, and is on the road somewhere. End up tracing our steps back, not finding it, getting a babysitter to come over during his nap so I can look for it, and thankfully find it a half mile away from my house, two credit cards strewn across the road. So thankful to have everything back. Worst "this ought to be fun with my son" outing ever.

Scary!!!!! Glad you found it though!

Top Bottom