Cozdude's build of Knuckles

bl17z90

Glad to know you got it taken care of. Are they going to cover it for you? And most importantly, will you make it to rausch next weekend?

Sent from my phone?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Glad to know you got it taken care of. Are they going to cover it for you? And most importantly, will you make it to rausch next weekend?

Sent from my phone?

Yep they covered it all. 3 hours of labor and two new pinion bearings all covered. I also walked away with a 12 pack of blue moon for free lol.

And yes I will still be at Rausch next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Also while I was at Globex today I finally got to see a pr44 in person for the first time and all I can say is WOW it is HUGE compared to stock!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390091876.668838.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390091887.433624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

sti2jkur

Man I wish! It made me want to open up my bank account today and say screw it and buy one lol

Sent from my iPhone

Yup. Saw it when I was down there getting my gears installed a couple of weeks ago. While I'm not looking forward to breaking anything..that will be under my jeep at some point!

Sweet rig!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
finally after having my new ball joints sitting in my garage and the back of my jeep they will be getting installed today or tomorrow! :wings: found out a week or two ago when i was getting my pinion bearings replaced that both upper ball joints were shot and my right lower was going. i think this was the main cause of my squeak in the front that i heard. (ball joints allowed the wheel to rub on the brake caliper). The ball joints i got were Crowns. they were $100 total ($50 a side). they are made by synergy per talks with eddie so they should be fine for a while.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well i finally got my ball joints installed and i can tell a difference right away between the new ones and the old. my steering feels "crisp" and "tight" now compare to before. im still getting the squeak in the front right so brake pads are next followed by a new unit bearing if it still happens. if it still happens after all of that i am jumping off a bridge lol

bl17z90

Your front brake pads should last about 50,000 miles but it can't hurt to give them a look. My rears however were shot at 40,000.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Your front brake pads should last about 50,000 miles but it can't hurt to give them a look. My rears however were shot at 40,000.

my rears are almost shot at 28,xxx lol so i figure my fronts are close so mine as well do them at the same time.

JKWrang

The fronts are signfigantly larger and should last a good bit longer.

In theory, but fronts are larger because they are the primary braking instrument in a vehicle. Rears only come on for higher intensity braking (i.e sudden stops, complete stops) and experience less frequent use and less intense resistance under normal circumstances. This would require your front brakes which typically engage to slow you down most of the time (i.e. speed adjustments, low intensity deceleration) to be much larger so in practice, they wear out much faster.

Yaaa know?

bl17z90

In theory, but fronts are larger because they are the primary braking instrument in a vehicle. Rears only come on for higher intensity braking (i.e sudden stops, complete stops) and experience less frequent use and less intense resistance under normal circumstances. This would require your front brakes which typically engage to slow you down most of the time (i.e. speed adjustments, low intensity deceleration) to be much larger so in practice, they wear out much faster.

Yaaa know?

I understand the theory and it may be in how I drive but my rears wore out long before my fronts. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Top Bottom