Cozdude's build of Knuckles

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well Still no cage. :mad: i called nothridge yesterday because i wanted to figure out what was going on. i got an email saying it was being dropshipped from Rockhard yet the tracking number wasnt working and last time i called northridge had some cages left in stock. i called and talked to Brian and he was confused as well and said he would call me back. Turns out the washington storage didnt have any in stock for 2011+ which is why it was being drop shipped but rockhards cnc machine was broken. he said he found the last one for a 2011+ that they have in colorado and that it would ship today and i would have it thursday. i cant say im happy one bit since i know they had 2011+ cages before i even ordered mine and that im waiting a full 2 weeks when it should have been 2 days to begin with. im only happy because i will finally have it and can try to do the rough install thursday night and friday.

Sounds like a big line of bullshit to me.

thats what i said. i was mad litterlly the whole phone call.

The lines of BS seem to be growing... I hope that Northridge doesn't become another 4WD... This is the third instance I am aware of this month where the situation was "odd". In two (one was mine) they were caught out right lying about the circumstances.

sent via my phone... which means I'm waiting for something and have gotten bored

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The lines of BS seem to be growing... I hope that Northridge doesn't become another 4WD... This is the third instance I am aware of this month where the situation was "odd". In two (one was mine) they were caught out right lying about the circumstances.

sent via my phone... which means I'm waiting for something and have gotten bored

I've had nothing but good transactions with 4WD and continue to order from them. I've had two issues with northridge and both times they lied. I still have the emails from Sean where he told me It was EVO's fault I got double charged. I made a phone call and come to find out it wasn't their fault.

^^This^^ I try not to use third party vendors if at all possible. Even if I have to pay for shipping it's worth it to me to only have to deal with one persons excuses rather than the "he said-she said" thing.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
thanks man! no i havent and dont expect to hear anything for a while, most likely next spring when they usually start picking.

10-4 well I guess it just a waiting game now and looked back a ways on the thread and saw the list of future items bro you gonna try and have all that done before they start picking for JKX

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
10-4 well I guess it just a waiting game now and looked back a ways on the thread and saw the list of future items bro you gonna try and have all that done before they start picking for JKX

oh hell no! lol the only thing i would like to be done before JKX is the PR44. everything else is long term goal. if i score a set of 3" plush rides for a deal i can refuse then maybe thats my only extra upgrade but other than that i can wait.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
oh hell no! lol the only thing i would like to be done before JKX is the PR44. everything else is long term goal. if i score a set of 3" plush rides for a deal i can refuse then maybe thats my only extra upgrade but other than that i can wait.

I here ya bro :yup: cant wait to see how that PR44 works out for ya :thumb:

When my Jeep comes around my plan for axles would be a PR44 and PR60 combo may even just do a PR44 on front depending on how hardcore I end up going

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well Still no cage. :mad: ...

I can't believe I'm just seeing this. Needless to say, I'm not surprised. I know a lot of people have love for NR...it's no secret that I'm not one of them. I've seen plenty of screwed up shipments (some supposedly going to the wrong coast), missing parts, totally FUBAR'd packing, wrong parts, etc.

I've also seen at least one instance in which the salesman offered assurance that particular lights would fit with a particular bumper if the extra bracket was purchased...and that a particular tire/wheel combo would work with a particular lift. It was all a complete lie. I know this because I did the install.

But, what makes me the most angry, is the repetitive BS some of their salesmen spew to make an extra buck (sleeves and grade 8 bolts come to mind).

Sure, their prices are usually pretty good and free shipping is nice. But none of that matters if you don't get your shit or can't trust the company selling it to you.

Caveat Emptor!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I can't believe I'm just seeing this. Needless to say, I'm not surprised. I know a lot of people have love for NR...it's no secret that I'm not one of them. I've seen plenty of screwed up shipments (some supposedly going to the wrong coast), missing parts, totally FUBAR'd packing, wrong parts, etc.

I've also seen at least one instance in which the salesman offered assurance that particular lights would fit with a particular bumper if the extra bracket was purchased...and that a particular tire/wheel combo would work with a particular lift. It was all a complete lie. I know this because I did the install.

But, what makes me the most angry, is the repetitive BS some of their salesmen spew to make an extra buck (sleeves and grade 8 bolts come to mind).

Sure, their prices are usually pretty good and free shipping is nice. But none of that matters if you don't get your shit or can't trust the company selling it to you.

Caveat Emptor!

Yea I originally liked them a lot. Then there shipping always blew, told 2 days and it takes a week or more. Now this bs? I'm don't with Northridge. Yea it's good prices but I will go elsewhere. I will gladly spend the extra money and order my pr44 right from dynatrac, my shafts from JE reel, or anything right from the manufacture. Hell I will go back to ordering more from qtech and Amazon since prime actually ships in two days or less.

JKWrang

Sharky I was originally going to order a rancho system and NR4x4 (who doesnt sell rancho to begin with) talked me out of it.

Not that im unhappy with my lift, but just goes to illustrate your point there.

I also blame cozdude on my TF purchase :cheesy:

Ill probably still order from them but place more faith in this community's advice vs the saleman at NR4x4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sharky I was originally going to order a rancho system and NR4x4 (who doesnt sell rancho to begin with) talked me out of it.

Not that im unhappy with my lift, but just goes to illustrate your point there.

I also blame cozdude on my TF purchase :cheesy:

Ill probably still order from them but place more faith in this community's advice vs the saleman at NR4x4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm sorry!!! Back then I didn't know much about what I was talking about and the TF Ride was smoother (LOL!) than my skyjacker bb. It wasn't till after I suggested the lift that I rode in jims jeep and experienced the beauty of the plush rides. I was screwed from there on out lol

KingCopperhead

I'm sorry!!! Back then I didn't know much about what I was talking about and the TF Ride was smoother (LOL!) than my skyjacker bb. It wasn't till after I suggested the lift that I rode in jims jeep and experienced the beauty of the plush rides. I was screwed from there on out lol

This is why guys who mod cars/jeeps are always redoing their stuff lol. I almost Don't want to ride in an evo sprung jeep. It's a mixed blessing being happy with my terribadflex coils.

Sorry to hear about your issues with northridge4x4 dude. Never fun to wait far longer than promised for a part that you're dying to get on your jeep.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sad to see a company turn that direction, and I used to love them as well. I have the same problems with shipping every time and usually never get any tracking which I hate. Last order for me was the rotopax mount and stuff, which was missing one of the mounts, which they got them to ship but I still waiting about another week just for the missing part. Then I ended up getting 2 which I don't think I paid for, but prolly did, I never checked.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is why guys who mod cars/jeeps are always redoing their stuff lol. I almost Don't want to ride in an evo sprung jeep. It's a mixed blessing being happy with my terribadflex coils.

Sorry to hear about your issues with northridge4x4 dude. Never fun to wait far longer than promised for a part that you're dying to get on your jeep.

yea its not fun. just like Jim said below i almost never get tracking info either so i never know when im getting the stuff i ordered. it could be 2 days or over a week. its never fun. Hell it took a week for some LED interior lights to be shipped to me!? uhhhh for somethign that small and light i would expect better.

Sad to see a company turn that direction, and I used to love them as well. I have the same problems with shipping every time and usually never get any tracking which I hate. Last order for me was the rotopax mount and stuff, which was missing one of the mounts, which they got them to ship but I still waiting about another week just for the missing part. Then I ended up getting 2 which I don't think I paid for, but prolly did, I never checked.

yea nevr fun not knowing when we are getting our stuff. i hope they didnt charge you twice. i know last night i got a second receipt for my rockhard cage so im going to have to call today and check my bank statement to make sure i wasnt changed twice for it.

KingCopperhead

Ugh now that would be irritating. Hopefully you only got charged for what you ordered. My last two orders just using the website I got no tracking info initially, but after sending Eric an email he got my tracking info. Now I go directly through him now rather than using the website. I've had no issues going this route.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
About freaking time! 2 weeks an many calls later it's finally here. Starting the install some point this weekend and hopefully powder coat on Monday.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414103725.522407.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
About freaking time! 2 weeks an many calls later it's finally here. Starting the install some point this weekend and hopefully powder coat on Monday.

Well that was certainly an ordeal! Glad you finally got it. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

KingCopperhead

Finally! Can't wait to see some pics of it installed. Quick question: does your dash have the tweeters up high and sticking up near the a pillar? (not sure what year jeep changed to the new interior.) Do you think it will interfere with the cage?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally! Can't wait to see some pics of it installed. Quick question: does your dash have the tweeters up high and sticking up near the a pillar? (not sure what year jeep changed to the new interior.) Do you think it will interfere with the cage?

I have a 2011 with the new interior so yea the tweeters are up high. As far as I know they will not interfere based on seeing Hinrich's jeep. I believe this is why rockhard has two differet cages depending upon interior

Top Bottom