My Dozer

This is the kit. Just need a few pucks, a top washer and a flat head bolt to replicate it. Save your money.

Lol... Sorry. I had no idea although you can clearly tell they're hockey pucks in your pics.
I paid $16 for a 6 pack off Amazon.
Good info ... Last time I will be recommending the MC stops.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Out with the old. So far that press is holding up. now if I had tons of rust, it may be a different story.

Attachments

• 1410799659351.jpg
    1410799659351.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 283

olram30

It didn't come with one. It said adapters for Dana44. But nothing. Just cleaning and painting now.

pvanweelden

Sorry, my question was - you were able to get them out ok without an angle adaptor?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

Lol... Sorry. I had no idea although you can clearly tell they're hockey pucks in your pics.
I paid $16 for a 6 pack off Amazon.
Good info ... Last time I will be recommending the MC stops.

Holy cow, I figured you could just use hockey pucks and make it work the same, but those might ACTUALLY be hockey pucks! Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

olram30

Finally finished. Ball joints are no fun. Next set should go quicker. Spent a lot of time cleaning and painting. I'd rather do nutserts over these.

Attachments

• 1410829976458.jpg
    1410829976458.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 1410829993768.jpg
    1410829993768.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 1410830003483.jpg
    1410830003483.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 243

olram30

I did the same as MTG and fucked up threads on the last ball joint. That added a hour. I really wonder why jeep is so cheap on knuckle paint, not that the rest is spotless. But those things took a bit to clean them up.

olram30

This is going to sound so clichè, but my steering feels tighter.. I can defiantly tell a difference.

olram30

Another thing, the 10 dollar install kit may be worth it. I didn't use it. But probably would have helped.

Armydog

this is the thing that gets me, i've seen people suggest hockey pucks before. then people respond that they don't want a cheap fix or jerry rigged shit on their jeep. then the next breath they claim MC is top of the line shit. :crazyeyes:
i'm willing to give any company a look, but i've seen nothing and i mean nothing special about MC. I don't care for their fanboys either.
i think my rant is winding down finally.

I like the modified cut rear fender but kinda wish I had gone full full corners like genright or poison Spyder. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

JAGS

Hooked
Finally finished. Ball joints are no fun. Next set should go quicker. Spent a lot of time cleaning and painting. I'd rather do nutserts over these.

You are far more capable than I, so your words are not very encouraging. 😁😁

- Jason

olram30

I just remembered this tip on ball joints also, let the axle droop. It makes a better angle on the press. If it's jacked up your press hits the coil perch and makes the top joint tough to get in or out.

Top Bottom