KingCopperhead's Build Thread

KingCopperhead

Winch unboxing. Took forever to arrive but everything is accounted for, the box wasn't dinged up, looks good! Will have more pics once it's installed. My wayalife banner also came in. Waiting for a few days of sunshine to put it on so my wipers don't tear it right off.

Attachments

• 1406868082370.jpg
    1406868082370.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 1406868089720.jpg
    1406868089720.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 404
  • 1406868096762.jpg
    1406868096762.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 408

KingCopperhead

The instructions for the E9000 were pretty straightforward. Connected all the wires, which are color matched in case the installer is illiterate (always a nice touch)

Not a big fan of how the solenoid box connects to the rails above the rope, two screws just kind of press the bracket onto the rails. Doesn't seem incredibly secure.

The bolts that the Hawse fairlead came with did not fit the holes for my poison spyder fairlead mount, so I enlarged them a bit with a drill.

Winch is ready to put on the bumper, but it's 3 am, and raining out. Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow :)

Attachments

• 1406876076966.jpg
    1406876076966.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 404

KingCopperhead

And installed. Haven't gotten to stretch the line properly yet, but I did activate the winch for a moment to make sure that it functions. Ran the battery cables as neatly as I could. I was hoping to get the cables to run from beneath the grille, but they were just too short by a small amount, I may address this down the road. Otherwise smooth install, winch isn't nearly as loud as some have said it was, but then again I haven't heard very many winches. Hopefully I'll get to test it out soon to give some real world info.

KingCopperhead

A few pics

Attachments

• 1406929168155.jpg
    1406929168155.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 1406929182364.jpg
    1406929182364.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 1406929190422.jpg
    1406929190422.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 392

JKBlackie

That bumper looks even better with a winch in there! I'm interested to hear how thinking does for you. The rig's looking great!

KingCopperhead

That bumper looks even better with a winch in there! I'm interested to hear how thinking does for you. The rig's looking great!

Can't wait to test it out. On a hellish work schedule for the next 2 weeks but after that it's time to go play at Rausch! I'm sure I can find something to get stuck on out there.

KingCopperhead

Looking good sir. Hope we get a chance to meet up at Rausch on Saturday :thumb:

Hell yeah! Are you on the nova trip? I'm running with them Friday and Saturday, and going with people from cnyjeep on Sunday. Should be 6 or 7 of us. The more the merrier. We can meet up at some point either way :)

KingCopperhead

Got out of work super early today. Happy jeep was waiting to take me home. Yay lot crawler.

Attachments

• 1407371091337.jpg
    1407371091337.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 307

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Jeep looks good.

I don't normally check out build threads but just happened to look at yours and see where you were from. I was born and raised about an hour north west of you on the lake. :thumb:

KingCopperhead

Jeep looks good.

I don't normally check out build threads but just happened to look at yours and see where you were from. I was born and raised about an hour north west of you on the lake. :thumb:

Thank you! That's nice country up there. Not many legal spots to off road here though. You did it right by moving to the southwest. See, I did it backwards. I grew up mostly in Vegas and South Dakota. How I ended up in CNY... ugh LOL I must have pissed off someone. (or knocked up a girl from CNY) :D:eek::D

cozdude
Your jeep is coming along nicely! Looks good my friend!

Thanks Coz! I'll be picking your brain here and there. Between you and Hinrichs, i'm sure i'll have a good knowledge base to tap from as far as what I need to do to my rig to handle RC's tougher spots.

BTW. I found that video you mentioned of you going up the same spot Hinrichs did. I noticed that you're a D-Chi. They were our rivals at UNLV. (Friendly rivals i'll add) I'm a Lambda Chi. Greeks ftw. Happy belated birthday old man. 24 isn't bad. 30 will hurt, but I promise ya.... the 30's are amazing.

We need to do a RC trip someday. Sorry you can't make it in august.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks Coz! I'll be picking your brain here and there. Between you and Hinrichs, i'm sure i'll have a good knowledge base to tap from as far as what I need to do to my rig to handle RC's tougher spots.

BTW. I found that video you mentioned of you going up the same spot Hinrichs did. I noticed that you're a D-Chi. They were our rivals at UNLV. (Friendly rivals i'll add) I'm a Lambda Chi. Greeks ftw. Happy belated birthday old man. 24 isn't bad. 30 will hurt, but I promise ya.... the 30's are amazing.

We need to do a RC trip someday. Sorry you can't make it in august.

sounds good man. im an open book when it comes to what i have installed and experienced so i will give you my honest opinion.

haha nice man! Love greek life. wouldnt change it for the world. Thank you for the bday wishes.

yea august is really busy for me anyway as it is right now. september i will be able to do a RC trip or AOAA trip for sure

Top Bottom