Nitto Exo Grappler AWT - All Weather Tire

gary2

I was all set to make the plunge for the Nittos after almost 40 years of using BFG AT type tire. Then the Nitto went up 30 bucks per tire over last weekend so back to BFG shopping

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Anyone try these in the Florida sandy soil yet? If so how did they stack up against other tires you've tried?

No but I've used them in the sand and sandy soil in the outer banks of NC. They performed very well aired down to 16 PSI.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434836272.191360.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434836304.052699.jpg
I know the Jeep looks stopped because my friend's got a nice camera, I was actually passing him in that picture (probably driving above the speed limit, but I wasn't paying attention to that).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434836406.172654.jpg

The tires also worked great to help me pull this X5 out. The owner had buried it above the axles.

They are great tires! I have the 35s.

HoosierWolf

Thanks MattAlpha!

I'm trying to make a decision on Exo Grapplers or Duratracs. I'm guessing I'd be happy with either.

Nice looking jeep btw.

CZEBJKU

jeep on 35s.jpg
Wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU to Matt and Patrick :clap2: at Discount Tire Direct for their help in getting my new EXO Grapplers ordered. Very friendly and knowledgable guys to work with. The EXO grapplers have turned out to be a great all around tire in my opinion. They are surprisingly quiet on the road and have performed well in the mud, sand and rain. I am hopeing they do well this winter in the ice and snow.

Discount Tire

CZEBJKU, thanks for the shout out. Glad we could help.

Your Jeep looks awesome. Thanks for the photo.

I have been very pleased with the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT tires on my 3500 4x4 as well. I love how smooth they ride.

trailless

Caught the Bug
CZEBJKU, thanks for the shout out. Glad we could help.

Your Jeep looks awesome. Thanks for the photo.

I have been very pleased with the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT tires on my 3500 4x4 as well. I love how smooth they ride.

Do you know if they'll ever make a 37" tire. I would be all over it and would probably give me the extra little push to upgrade.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
No but I've used them in the sand and sandy soil in the outer banks of NC. They performed very well aired down to 16 PSI.

I know the Jeep looks stopped because my friend's got a nice camera, I was actually passing him in that picture (probably driving above the speed limit, but I wasn't paying attention to that).

The tires also worked great to help me pull this X5 out. The owner had buried it above the axles.

They are great tires! I have the 35s.

Go home BMW, you're drunk.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Do you know if they'll ever make a 37" tire. I would be all over it and would probably give me the extra little push to upgrade.

Probably not and I'll give you the reason that Goodyear gave me a few years ago when I asked why they don't make a 37" Duratrac.....in their eyes, people that run 37"+ tires are considered hardcore/extreme users, and their opinion/research shows that extreme users use MTs, so it would be a waste for them. They'd rather push the MTR or the Trail Grappler on you when you are going to a "hardcore" tire size.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Probably not and I'll give you the reason that Goodyear gave me a few years ago when I asked why they don't make a 37" Duratrac.....in their eyes, people that run 37"+ tires are considered hardcore/extreme users, and their opinion/research shows that extreme users use MTs, so it would be a waste for them. They'd rather push the MTR or the Trail Grappler on you when you are going to a "hardcore" tire size.

There are no plans on offering the Exo Grappler in a 37" diameter currently.

Thanks for answering. The fact that I daily drive my Jeep and rarely get to take it off-road has me looking at AT tires... Either way, I'll give discount tire a call when it comes time to upgrade.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks for answering. The fact that I daily drive my Jeep and rarely get to take it off-road has me looking at AT tires... Either way, I'll give discount tire a call when it comes time to upgrade.

My Jeep is my daily driver and these tires have been great for me. I've been running them since I got them from DT Direct about 8 months ago. They ride well with low road noise. They have great traction through the rain, snow and icy conditions. The winter and spring up in New England certainly made me glad that I had bought them. They ride well on the dry roads and highway too. I've had a great experience off roading with them too in trails with dirt, mud and rocks. The traction hasn't let me down. I've run most trails at Rausch Creek (medium and below), Uwharrie, Corrolla and several smaller areas up in NE and now in the AL area. I can't say enough good things about the tires. I have about 12,000 miles on them (rotate all 5 at each oil change) and I haven't noticed much wear. If you're looking for a great all around "Jeep" tire for daily driving and moderate trail use these are the ones I would recommend. I wish they made them in 37s, but the 35 have let me run all the trails I have attempted.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom