Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

916razorback

I worked security patrol last night as part of a mutual aid response...I was near the placer bills airport all night and the smoke and wind was incredible...from what I gathered at the command post last night...it's likely the whole area will be decimated...I work tomorrow so I will try and post some pics ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411354194.920931.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411354215.624962.jpg

Crawler Kitty

I worked security patrol last night as part of a mutual aid response...I was near the placer bills airport all night and the smoke and wind was incredible...from what I gathered at the command post last night...it's likely the whole area will be decimated...I work tomorrow so I will try and post some pics View attachment 101516 View attachment 101517

Appreciate the update keep us posted.

I like option #5 sounds A PEELING!

Have to break out my head dress and costume!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411358303.857600.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I could never find cell coverage on the Rubicon and you need to connect to Mopar's Jeep site while on the trail to get their "prized" badge - so no badge for me either. Not sure it's all that it is cracked up to be anyways? (Sour grapes?)

I was able to do it on my phone from south Lake Tahoe to get the badge.

Are we done voting on a backup plan? As horrible as it may sound, I'm thinking our backup plan needs to become THE plan. Even if they do somehow get the trail opened back up in time, there's still going to be a lot of leftover smoke lingering around.

Looks like our real options are Dusy/Ershim or Fordyce. I've only ran winch hills 1 and 2 on Fordyce and its a lot like the rubicon as far as terrain and wheeling. I've never ran Dusy but based on WAL video looks fun as well. What is everyone's vote?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looks like our real options are Dusy/Ershim or Fordyce. I've only ran winch hills 1 and 2 on Fordyce and its a lot like the rubicon as far as terrain and wheeling. I've never ran Dusy but based on WAL video looks fun as well. What is everyone's vote?

Fordyce, just because it's closer in distance to the originally plan! Looks like fun too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would vote Dusy for the same reason :doh:

With that being said, I have been scouring the Kayak sites trying to find the flow rates for Fordyce creek and I did find they are planning a high flow test in October - in to 400+ range which would make it un crossable. However the lake being so low I see other reports that there will be no dumps this fall. Till trying to find the straight scoop on the creek.

Fordyce looks tougher then the Rubicon but the Dusy is at 10,000 feet so not sure on the weather. I guess my biggest concern is washing my jeep down the creek:doh:

I'm up for you guys pulling me through either trail!

Top Bottom