End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Anyone out there today? Wife and I are thinking about taking a drive out. Problem is I don't have a front DS at the moment.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Take a buddy.

Just moved to charlotte 3 weeks ago so no jeeping buds close by anymore for now. But just was wondering if anyone was out pre running. Still waiting on new front DS but that didn't stop us from exploring. We can't wait to meet up with everyone!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433016042.626577.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433016062.134124.jpg

epetry

Hey will anyone be wheeling on Sunday? I won't be able to make it until sat around 6 (after work). So my plan is to camp sat night and wake up to wheel with you guys.

Grubbicon

Hey will anyone be wheeling on Sunday? I won't be able to make it until sat around 6 (after work). So my plan is to camp sat night and wake up to wheel with you guys.

Long as I havent broke anything by Sunday we might go for a little ride in the morning but head out around lunch.

epetry

Okay cool, well this will be my first time wheeling in this jeep, it's been a long time since had a jeep. Would be nice to have some people around with more experience then me.

BOR4x4

You can count me in as well. I wheel with Grubbicon often so if there is room in his group sign me up please.

Windmill Road

Awesome! Thank you sir! :thumb:

Ran the family to Casa Mexicana to check it out. Was surprised to find it was right next door to Coach's.

The food was authentic and very good. The beer selection was limited; only Bud Lite on tap, but a good bottled selection. My wife and youngest daughter had a daiquiri and both said they were well done. The place was small, but clean and the wait staff friendly. Only negative was a continuous bass thump music coming from the kitchen. plenty of parking.

An option if the draft selection is too limited is to go next door for brew after chow.

Attachments

• casa mexicana - coach's.jpg
    casa mexicana - coach's.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 78
  • food.jpg
    food.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 81
  • inside casa mexicana.jpg
    inside casa mexicana.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 78
  • inside coach's.2.jpg
    inside coach's.2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 79
  • tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 79

Windmill Road

Ran the family to Casa Mexicana to check it out. Was surprised to find it was right next door to Coach's.

The food was authentic and very good. The beer selection was limited; only Bud Lite on tap, but a good bottled selection. My wife and youngest daughter had a daiquiri and both said they were well done. The place was small, but clean and the wait staff friendly. Only negative was a continuous bass thump music coming from the kitchen. plenty of parking.

An option if the draft selection is too limited is to go next door for brew after chow.

The last two photos are of Coach's

longarmwj

Brief idea. I know several people here said they are new to wheeling. What if Saturday morning at the meeting spot we have a sort of how to session on the basics of what to do as far as spotting, how to choose a line, how to hook up a vehicle to recover it, etc. I would glad to be in charge of that. I think it could ease the minds of some of the newer wheelers.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Brief idea. I know several people here said they are new to wheeling. What if Saturday morning at the meeting spot we have a sort of how to session on the basics of what to do as far as spotting, how to choose a line, how to hook up a vehicle to recover it, etc. I would glad to be in charge of that. I think it could ease the minds of some of the newer wheelers.

That is the intention for the "easy" group. I haven't gotten in contact with the people who run the training course but the plan is to spend two hours across from the Outpost going over things like that.

longarmwj

That is the intention for the "easy" group. I haven't gotten in contact with the people who run the training course but the plan is to spend two hours across from the Outpost going over things like that.

I totally forgot that they had a training course lol. That's what 24 hours without sleep will do though lol

Top Bottom