End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

thardy

Banned
Nice job man! Thanks for the effort.

After seeing the places, I'm of the opinion we hit Coaches. I like the atmosphere better from the pics. Anyone else want to weigh I on this?

Hell, I'm down for anything. We might hit both!

Drobo

Got my sisters confirmation on her following me in her Jeep. Will also be in the easy group

croge17

UORTC uwharrie offroad training center does charge and is a private enterprise

All I would reccomend for a morning meeting is assigning trail guides, what they say goes for spotting, recovery, trail selection. get everyone on the trails. The best way to learn is to do.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
UORTC uwharrie offroad training center does charge and is a private enterprise

All I would reccomend for a morning meeting is assigning trail guides, what they say goes for spotting, recovery, trail selection. get everyone on the trails. The best way to learn is to do.

I agree. There will be plenty of time for people to watch and learn/ask questions.

05Jeeper

Should everyone who is planning on running Daniel (myself included) bring along their rear seat so the individuals who aren't wheeling will have a vehicle to ride along in? I know it may be a tight squeeze with our belongings on the trip to NC ( I should know, I'm bringing my high maintenance woman along), but I wouldn't want others to feel left out at the end of the day.

moorecb3

We'll also have Grubbicon on 40's!

I know I plan on bringing my GoPro and Scott is bringing some of his. It would be nice to be able to get all of the footage put together into one video. I don't have a problem giving the editing a shot. Never done it before, but now that I don't have a Jeep, I'm going to need something to do. :crazyeyes:

I'm gonna have my go pro with me as well. I'm not that great at editing so I can send my footage to whoever wants it

longarmwj

There's a local guy who does video editing as a living, and he is a fellow Jeep owner and wheeler. I can send him a message and see if he would be willing to make a video with all the gathered footage.

thardy

Banned
Absolutely. Minus ungodly acts against my jeep, I already took time off work and am excited about the trip.

Good to hear. I have updated your status!

Im in! Unless something happens of course:rock:

I've got you down. What group would you like to be in? Also, keep an eye out for the hotel info PM.

You can count me in as well. I wheel with Grubbicon often so if there is room in his group sign me up please.

I've got you down and listed with the Hard Group. Keep an eye out for the hotel info PM.

Got my sisters confirmation on her following me in her Jeep. Will also be in the easy group

I have updated the list!!

Sign me up for the hard group!

I've got you down buddy!

MRGeep

I'm in for the medium group. I'm coming from Winston Salem as well so should I be able to get Friday off I could be down there pretty early. Also going to depend on whether or not the wife and 2 little ones are coming for the weekend too.

croge17

there should be more than enough seats with all the unlimiteds running around here.

Everyone running the hard group we will be running Hard Lines on all the trails so to keep things moving if you arent willing to hear a scrape on the skids then you are in the wrong group. I dont expect body damage but i dont want to slow the group down from hitting as much as we can in both directions before time to head back to meet the rest of the group to run daniel.

We need to run dutch john both directions, dickey bell both directions, daniel both directions and rocky mountain loop has a fun spot on it we need to run uphill.

other than that I just want to hit every trail at least once.

Hard group also needs to have one strap and 2 D-ring screw shackles in each rig. i dont want to wast time winching people when we could just throw a strap and move on if need arises. I would also like for everyone to make sure you have a full size spare, a quart of oil, and some coolant/water. Uwharrie is a hot dusty park and i have seen too many people overheat and or find out they are low on oil in the middle of a trail on a hot summer day.

Uwharrie gets very crowded on some weekends and we need to move quickly to hit everything without taking a chance on getting in a trail jam and missing out on trails.

hhunter050

Hard group also needs to have one strap and 2 D-ring screw shackles in each rig. i dont want to wast time winching people when we could just throw a strap and move on if need arises. I would also like for everyone to make sure you have a full size spare, a quart of oil, and some coolant/water. Uwharrie is a hot dusty park and i have seen too many people overheat and or find out they are low on oil in the middle of a trail on a hot summer day.

Uwharrie gets very crowded on some weekends and we need to move quickly to hit everything without taking a chance on getting in a trail jam and missing out on trails.

So I don't have a full spare. I'm not trying to be rude when I say this but I want to do harder stuff but I'm not going to be flooring it through everything. Personally I have a 6hr drive home and I intend on making it home driving my jeep.

croge17

the reason i ask for a full size spare is simple. Rocks can be sharp and lead to a puncture. If you dont have a spare tire we can put on and continue down the trail What do we do with the group?

Should we stop the entire groups day and figure a way to get you to a tire shop so you can buy a new tire or should we leave you there to figure it out on your own?

I will not leave someone in a group I am leading on the trail so I think it would ruin a lot of peoples trips if you were to get a puncture and have no way to get your jeep back off the trail. Ultimately your call BUT the group I am leading will run the hard lines an at uwharrie the hard lines are hard because of the sharp jagged rocks.

I have two tube chassis buggies running irocks and have managed to cut down multiple tires on both of them at uwharrie with less than 6psi in the tires. Hopefully we dont have any punctures but it does happen frequently at uwharrie.

Again not trying to be rude just trying to make it the best trip it can be for everyone.

When I say i want to move quickly I dont mean speed. I run my jeep very gingerly and dont intend to race through the trails. I do mean that the hard group needs to be ready to continue moving there are only about 16 miles of trail at uwharrie and a lot of trails are not much more than a dirt road with drainage berms. I think some of the trails are actually smoother than the access roads to get to the trails. Regardless my goal is to get everyone in my group through every trail in both directions so we need to continue moving and be prepared if something were to go wrong.

Last edited:

hhunter050

the reason i ask for a full size spare is simple. Rocks can be sharp and lead to a puncture. If you dont have a spare tire we can put on and continue down the trail What do we do with the group?

Should we stop the entire groups day and figure a way to get you to a tire shop so you can buy a new tire or should we leave you there to figure it out on your own?

I will not leave someone in a group I am leading on the trail so I think it would ruin a lot of peoples trips if you were to get a puncture and have no way to get your jeep back off the trail. Ultimately your call BUT the group I am leading will run the hard lines an at uwharrie the hard lines are hard because of the sharp jagged rocks.

I have two tube chassis buggies running irocks and have managed to cut down multiple tires on both of them at uwharrie with less than 6psi in the tires. Hopefully we dont have any punctures but it does happen frequently at uwharrie.

Again not trying to be rude just trying to make it the best trip it can be for everyone.

When I say i want to move quickly I dont mean speed. I run my jeep very gingerly and dont intend to race through the trails. I do mean that the hard group needs to be ready to continue moving there are only about 16 miles of trail at uwharrie and a lot of trails are not much more than a dirt road with drainage berms. I think some of the trails are actually smoother than the access roads to get to the trails. Regardless my goal is to get everyone in my group through every trail in both directions so we need to continue moving and be prepared if something were to go wrong.

Don't understand why it's so important that everyone in the hard group run the hardest lines possible. I'm just gonna let you know right now I'll be doing lines I feel comfortable doing and if you have a problem with that then I'm sorry you can put me in the back for all I care. And as for the the tire situation...leave me on the trail for all I care I'd rather have you go on anyways so I don't hear you complaining about me having a flat.

georgi.photo

Don't understand why it's so important that everyone in the hard group run the hardest lines possible. I'm just gonna let you know right now I'll be doing lines I feel comfortable doing and if you have a problem with that then I'm sorry you can put me in the back for all I care. And as for the the tire situation...leave me on the trail for all I care I'd rather have you go on anyways so I don't hear you complaining about me having a flat.

I have a full spare you can borrow. 20" rims with 35's.

Top Bottom