End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

jkwebbie

Haha yeah ill be amazed if they make the summer. Im kinda wishing they would just go already so it would light the fire under my ass to start the 1ton project.

Just go get the axles and then drive the hell out of it so you're not out of commission for awhile when the 44s do go lol

Grubbicon

Just go get the axles and then drive the hell out of it so you're not out of commission for awhile when the 44s do go lol

Ive been thinking about that. Im hoping I can make it till the end of the summer and the shops done so I have a lift to do it on.

jkwebbie

Ive been thinking about that. Im hoping I can make it till the end of the summer and the shops done so I have a lift to do it on.

Do it! Go get axles, build them so that they're ready to drop in when the 44s explode or you'll be out of commission for awhile because you'll be looking for axles instead of installing them. So instead of being out for a month or more, you'll only be out like a week or weekend

Grubbicon

Do it! Go get axles, build them so that they're ready to drop in when the 44s explode or you'll be out of commission for awhile because you'll be looking for axles instead of installing them. So instead of being out for a month or more, you'll only be out like a week or weekend

I really should. I still really havent decided on the axle combo im going to go with yet. Ill most likely do coil overs at the same time so i dont have to weld a shock mount and coil bucket to a set of axles. Expectably when there isnt really enough room for it to start.

jkwebbie

I really should. I still really havent decided on the axle combo im going to go with yet. Ill most likely do coil overs at the same time so i dont have to weld a shock mount and coil bucket to a set of axles. Expectably when there isnt really enough room for it to start.

What I would do would get a Dana 60 and Sterling rear out of a Ford superduty or Dana 60s from a Dodge truck. That way the bolt patterns will be the same and make that a little easier. A 14 bolt rear is good as long as you shave the bottom but most dana 60 fronts that are paired with those are psd which unfortunately won't work on the JK. Thats just my .02 bud

Grubbicon

What I would do would get a Dana 60 and Sterling rear out of a Ford superduty or Dana 60s from a Dodge truck. That way the bolt patterns will be the same and make that a little easier. A 14 bolt rear is good as long as you shave the bottom but most dana 60 fronts that are paired with those are psd which unfortunately won't work on the JK. Thats just my .02 bud

Ill most likely do the 14b just because I love how cheap they are and the bulk doesnt really bother me. They are strong enough I would just bash on them and not worry. I have thought about having a front made because a 14b rear would save a lot of money.

EDIT: Ive also been thinking about a d80 rear end there are a few floating around on craigslist right now and not a ton more then a 14b. Pretty much same strength and d80 has a little bit smaller pumpkin. Id like to avoid a 10.5 sterling because i have heard they are beyond a bitch to work on. But they are great because of size and strength. There is just too many options out there.

Last edited:

jkwebbie

Ill most likely do the 14b just because I love how cheap they are and the bulk doesnt really bother me. They are strong enough I would just bash on them and not worry. I have thought about having a front made because a 14b rear would save a lot of money.

You are right about the 14 bolt! I've seen a lot of rock buggies beat the hell out of them! And it's crazy hoe cheap they are, usually 300-400 here in NC. The only big thing would be finding a 60 front with the same bolt pattern for the wheels, but that might not be too hard to change over I guess.

Grubbicon

You are right about the 14 bolt! I've seen a lot of rock buggies beat the hell out of them! And it's crazy hoe cheap they are, usually 300-400 here in NC. The only big thing would be finding a 60 front with the same bolt pattern for the wheels, but that might not be too hard to change over I guess.

From what I have learned is all old 1ton ran one bolt pattern for a long ass time and just recently (like 10 years ago) they changed it all to another. I very well could be wrong with that info though. And hell i can buy a 14bolt for $150 all day down here.

jkwebbie

From what I have learned is all old 1ton ran one bolt pattern for a long ass time and just recently (like 10 years ago) they changed it all to another. I very well could be wrong with that info though. And hell i can buy a 14bolt for $150 all day down here.

I think I've heard that too but I'm not 100% sure. I guess now is the best time to test that out lol. And $150! Shit thats cheap! I've seen some guys make a 14 bolt front (rock bouncers) but i have no idea how they made them. I guess they just cut tubes off and added different ones to it. Might be something you and your buddies could do considering how cheap the 14 bolt is. I'm sure theres a thread somewhere on the internet of some rock krawlers doing it!

Grubbicon

I think I've heard that too but I'm not 100% sure. I guess now is the best time to test that out lol. And $150! Shit thats cheap! I've seen some guys make a 14 bolt front (rock bouncers) but i have no idea how they made them. I guess they just cut tubes off and added different ones to it. Might be something you and your buddies could do considering how cheap the 14 bolt is. I'm sure theres a thread somewhere on the internet of some rock krawlers doing it!

If I had to guess it would be the same effect as making it rear steer but putting it on the front. I too have seen it done but have actually never ask how they did it. Next time I see it I will definitely be asking.

jkwebbie

If I had to guess it would be the same effect as making it rear steer but putting it on the front. I too have seen it done but have actually never ask how they did it. Next time I see it I will definitely be asking.

That would be one bad ass build sir! And I'm sure the first JK with a 14 front end

Grubbicon

That would be one bad ass build sir! And I'm sure the first JK with a 14 front end

You really got me curious now. That makes me wonder if that pumpkin right in the middle would cause clearance issues like with the frame, front bumper or motor. It would definitely need to be triangulated 4link with full hydro steering.

jkwebbie

You really got me curious now. That makes me wonder if that pumpkin right in the middle would cause clearance issues like with the frame, front bumper or motor. It would definitely need to be triangulated 4link with full hydro steering.

Well if you left it like that, I don't think the front drive shaft would line up. But if I remember correctly, I think Ian from the show Xtreme 4x4 made a 14 bolt front from a rear. If you could find the episode online, I'm sure you could follow it, or maybe even shoot him an email and ask him some more detailed questions? I mean its worth a shot

Mtbhjm

I'm not going to make it to this, my brother decided to get married on the 7th... I was really looking forward to this too.

Top Bottom