Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

kyleolson

We will be heading up Friday afternoon with Panda and Kitty as soon as he gets off work. Not sure what time that is but as soon as we know that will give us a better idea what time we'd arrive up there.

We will just be there Friday night and all day Saturday. It will be my wife and I with our 3 year old son Cameron

Awesome! Like Kitty said... I will have my wife and my mini me there.... He is 3 as well... I'm sure they will hit it off!

kyleolson

Mr. Petey... I'll update you on a few others.. Fitz is staying Friday only. Ken will be bringing his own rig, and his family (wife and two kids). He will also be staying Friday only. I believe we are caravaning to the trail together. My wife will be off at 330 so we will be on the road at 3:45. Should be 6-7.

Mr. Petey... I'll update you on a few others.. Fitz is staying Friday only. Ken will be bringing his own rig, and his family (wife and two kids). He will also be staying Friday only. I believe we are caravaning to the trail together. My wife will be off at 330 so we will be on the road at 3:45. Should be 6-7.

Thanks! Updated.

KICKROX

We are planning a day trip into the Rubicon. The tentative plan is to meet up Saturday April 4th (day before Easter) at Loon Lake. We will run into soup bowl or little sluice depending on how the day is going have lunch and then head back out. This trip should be pretty easy with harder obstacles along the way (which are all bypass-able). I have seen stock jeeps do this but would prefer if you were at least on 33's and had at least a rear locker. I am not putting any requirements on this run just more of "FYI". I will most likely be camping at loon or just past the slabs that Friday evening and meeting up at the trailhead Saturday.

OK, so what time we meeting at the trailhead.. did i miss that somewhere in the thread? I'm driving up from Reno that morning so need to know how early i need to head up. And do you think leaving my doors on will be ok? planning to go topless though..

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
OK, so what time we meeting at the trailhead.. did i miss that somewhere in the thread? I'm driving up from Reno that morning so need to know how early i need to head up. And do you think leaving my doors on will be ok? planning to go topless though..

I belive the meet up time has been set at 0800 @ the trailhead.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

07JKSahara

The plan is to meet at the trailhead at 8 am. I will likely have doors on but top might be off. I think others are running trail doors or half doors.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Quick question about top off. Has anyone ever done top off, doors on and a shade of some sort for extended Highway driving? Our drive is 3hrs each way and I know without the top, the drive home late Saturday night is going to be a bit chilly! Was curious if a shade would help cut down on the wind and make the drive home a bit more palatable.

Quick question about top off. Has anyone ever done top off, doors on and a shade of some sort for extended Highway driving? Our drive is 3hrs each way and I know without the top, the drive home late Saturday night is going to be a bit chilly! Was curious if a shade would help cut down on the wind and make the drive home a bit more palatable.

I've done it from SoCal to Sourgrass (8 hours) it's just noisy but not to windy

KICKROX

I've been driving with my top off, doors on and with a mesh top here in Reno for the last week and it's very doable. 40's in the morning. Keep the heater running and wear a hoodie. If you don't wear a hoodie, the back of your neck will feel it on the Freeway. Mesh top keeps the wind down and the sun out of yours eyes. It will be about 10 degrees colder Saturday morning but that's how I plan to go up anyway Saturday.

K.D.C.H

Great info guys! It's not me or my wife I'm worried about, it my two boys in the back seat. :)

I think my plan is to take the top and doors off once we get to camp Friday night. I'll leave the tent set up and put the doors in there and leave the top next to the tent. I'm ordering a mesh shade top tonight to keep the sun off our heads while on the trail.

I know my wife and son will most likely want to sleep all the way home Saturday night so for me this is the best option.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I think my plan is to take the top and doors off once we get to camp Friday night. I'll leave the tent set up and put the doors in there and leave the top next to the tent. I'm ordering a mesh shade top tonight to keep the sun off our heads while on the trail.

I know my wife and son will most likely want to sleep all the way home Saturday night so for me this is the best option.

I might just copy that plan! That way if my hardtop gets stolen, I can blame you!!! :) :)

Top Bottom