Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Okay I worked it out so I'm off at noon - no need to take drastic measures Ken :p - time to discuss meet up spots for convoy - we usually go Hwy 12 to Hwy 5 where do you guys suggest we meet. Probably best to work out via text I'll let you guys decide. Looking forward to it!

We'll be coming up from Dublin and it would be great to meet up with you guys and caravan up. Let me know what time and place works best and we'll be there! :)

Crawler Kitty

Looking forward to seeing you guys again! Just remember, our little one, Oliver, sure liked you!

I remember <3 Loved them both - forgot to quote you on the meet up spot comment - I think you have Panda's cell if not PM him and he'll get it to you! We had a whole discussion about which way was best for you to come meet us and KDCH - will be interesting to see your consensus

bkac

Caught the Bug
Okay I worked it out so I'm off at noon - no need to take drastic measures Ken :p - time to discuss meet up spots for convoy - we usually go Hwy 12 to Hwy 5 where do you guys suggest we meet. Probably best to work out via text I'll let you guys decide. Looking forward to it!

Anybody going topless? I'm trying to figure out if i want to take the hardtop and doors off for this trip. :idontknow:

I'd recommend running without a hardtop, there can be some tight spots where the top can get hit. The last time I ran that I was very thankful I did not have my hardtop!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I thought about leaving the top at home, but that's gonna be a chilly 3hr ride home late Saturday night.

Anyone going to leave their top at camp?

I'd recommend running without a hardtop, there can be some tight spots where the top can get hit. The last time I ran that I was very thankful I did not have my hardtop!

We are only running the first part maybe to soup bowl. A hardtop should be fine for this section.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Wife made some plans, unfortunately have to miss this one, but now that I live in NorCal, I'm anxious to get up there! See you all on the next run, have fun and keep the shiny side up! 😄👍

Crawler Kitty

Awesome news, looking forward to spending more time with you all and getting the kids together for fun time

Forgot to mention the Olson's little guy "L" he's quite the character he will fit right in with the other little ones and is in the same age range!

Wife made some plans, unfortunately have to miss this one, but now that I live in NorCal, I'm anxious to get up there! See you all on the next run, have fun and keep the shiny side up! 😄👍

Aw so sorry to hear that would have been nice to see you again didn't get to chat at the Kickoff run...come join us for the Grapes and Grub in April!

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Aw so sorry to hear that would have been nice to see you again didn't get to chat at the Kickoff run...come join us for the Grapes and Grub in April![/QUOTE]

Thank you, I know I got myself all excited! Good part is, we're early in the season so plenty of wheeling to come 😄 I'll take a look at Grapes and Grub, thanks!

JK_Epidimick

Alright 8am it is. Whoever is meeting on Saturday be at Loon Lake staging area aka Rubicon Trailhead at 8am. I'll be there to meet ya. You can air down use the bathroom, etc then we will head out.

Remember if you want to fill up one last time before the trail the closest and cheapest is in Pollock Pines. There is one station (chevron) a couple miles closer but it's typically more.

Saturday we will be on channel 4 (ya 4 we will be on 3 on Friday) if you want to tune in. Once you turn off 50 onto ice house it's a good 30 miles to loon lake. You will stay on the paved road until you pass loon lake camp area on the right then it goes to dirt road. You will see the dam (gravel road) and if you look to the left as you cross it you should see the staging area.

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to get back on this trail! Thanks again for letting me head back out with ya.

07JKSahara

I thought about leaving the top at home, but that's gonna be a chilly 3hr ride home late Saturday night.

Anyone going to leave their top at camp?

I'm thinking topless. Likely I'll run freedom tops only on the highway and leave them at camp. Doors, who knows, probably on.

Top Bottom