Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

We have a pretty good sized group so maybe 8 would give us a bit more time through out the day? With a couple of noobs like myself, the extra time might be necessary! :) :)

So a little fact or thing I always account for...8 really means 9 and 9 means 10 haha. When you get together there are always hellos, airing down, people running behind, checking out each other's jeeps haha. So as much as I hate getting up in the morning 8 am is my vote as well but I'm not driving up that morning either lol.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
So a little fact or thing I always account for...8 really means 9 and 9 means 10 haha. When you get together there are always hellos, airing down, people running behind, checking out each other's jeeps haha. So as much as I hate getting up in the morning 8 am is my vote as well but I'm not driving up that morning either lol.

Haha! So you're telling me that runs might run late?! :)

K.D.C.H

Kitty and I will be leaving as soon as she gets off work, probly around 4, I'll be off early but I don't think she can being this is her first week at her new job

Want us to call in a fake bomb threat to her new job say around noon :D

Maybe her new boss will just tell everyone to take the rest the day off :cheesy:

bkac

Caught the Bug

8 is 10 with us people! So I vote for 6am. Lol

kyleolson

I'll be up whenever everyone else is. I get up at 5 for work, so usually I'm up around then anyway. If everyone else is sleeping, I'll just quietly use the impact wrench to change a tire or 2. :)

Same with us.... we will be there whenever we all agree upon.

Hahahahaha....speaking of its time to do mine again :-D

Alright 8am it is. Whoever is meeting on Saturday be at Loon Lake staging area aka Rubicon Trailhead at 8am. I'll be there to meet ya. You can air down use the bathroom, etc then we will head out.

Remember if you want to fill up one last time before the trail the closest and cheapest is in Pollock Pines. There is one station (chevron) a couple miles closer but it's typically more.

Saturday we will be on channel 4 (ya 4 we will be on 3 on Friday) if you want to tune in. Once you turn off 50 onto ice house it's a good 30 miles to loon lake. You will stay on the paved road until you pass loon lake camp area on the right then it goes to dirt road. You will see the dam (gravel road) and if you look to the left as you cross it you should see the staging area.

K.D.C.H

Alright 8am it is. Whoever is meeting on Saturday be at Loon Lake staging area aka Rubicon Trailhead at 8am. I'll be there to meet ya. You can air down use the bathroom, etc then we will head out.

Remember if you want to fill up one last time before the trail the closest and cheapest is in Pollock Pines. There is one station (chevron) a couple miles closer but it's typically more.

Saturday we will be on channel 4 (ya 4 we will be on 3 on Friday) if you want to tune in. Once you turn off 50 onto ice house it's a good 30 miles to loon lake. You will stay on the paved road until you pass loon lake camp area on the right then it goes to dirt road. You will see the dam (gravel road) and if you look to the left as you cross it you should see the staging area.

All sounds great. Thanks so much for setting all this up Jason.

K.D.C.H

How cool is this. In downtown Livermore and saw a family checking out my Jeep. Ended up being ERAUGrad04 and his family. Great meeting and chatting with you, hope to see the whole family up there this weekend.

07JKSahara

How cool is this. In downtown Livermore and saw a family checking out my Jeep. Ended up being ERAUGrad04 and his family. Great meeting and chatting with you, hope to see the whole family up there this weekend.

That's pretty cool. We know more about each others jeeps than we do the people.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Great meeting you guys! Such a small world!

I think the new plan is to have my wife and two boys join! Woo hoo! :)

Top Bottom