Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Can this be done with 35s and no lockers? I just moved to NorCal and am itching to go explore and meet new Wayalifers 😄

07JKSahara

I'm working from home Friday and leaving about 12. Hopefully up there by 3 or 4, I might wait at the staging area for someone. I also might try to hook up with panda and KDCH if I can roll up with them.

K.D.C.H

Does anyone have a pin drop or coordinates for where we are camping? I want to get an idea on where it is and how long the drive is

K.D.C.H

Long... Like air up a little for better mileage long. About 3 hours.

Lol well that's not that far. I just looked up Loon Lake and this is what it shows for me but I still don't know the exact location.

Anyone else coming from the general area of Panda/Kitty and us or even coming through are area on the way up? If it's possible it would be great to meet up and drive together?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427560468.743901.jpg

Does anyone have a pin drop or coordinates for where we are camping? I want to get an idea on where it is and how long the drive is

Trailhead is about an hour outside of pollock pines. My plan was to get up there and pick a place to camp on the trail. The other option is to camp at loon lake campground by the trailhead since we are coming back out. I'm not sure how much the camp ground is we've always just camped on the trail.

kyleolson

We will be heading up the minute the wife gets off work. So maybe by 7 get there. Staying both nights. Should we lock in on a CB channel so we can tune in when we are close?

Lol well that's not that far. I just looked up Loon Lake and this is what it shows for me but I still don't know the exact location.

Anyone else coming from the general area of Panda/Kitty and us or even coming through are area on the way up? If it's possible it would be great to meet up and drive together?

View attachment 133711

Here is the staging area. It's pretty much straight up ice house off 50 until you get to the loon lake split where you turn right.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427561008.494880.jpg

Panda

So I'm trying to gauge when everyone thinks they will be at loon lake on Friday if you're camping and what time you would like to start on Saturday.

My guess is I will be on the trail scoping out camp spots early land would like to know how many and when to meet people at loon that afternoon/evening.

My hope is to start night wheeling about 9pm so we aren't out all night *cough cough* :cheesy: and guess most people would want to have camp set up before that.

If you can comment or PM me if you're camping 1/2 nights and when you're expecting to arrive I'll start compiling the first post with info. Also we are planning on hiding Easter eggs Saturday night / Sunday morning for any kiddos that will be there. If you're going to have little ones include that info as well. Thanks everyone :thumb:

We will be heading up Friday afternoon with Panda and Kitty as soon as he gets off work. Not sure what time that is but as soon as we know that will give us a better idea what time we'd arrive up there.

We will just be there Friday night and all day Saturday. It will be my wife and I with our 3 year old son Cameron

I'm working from home Friday and leaving about 12. Hopefully up there by 3 or 4, I might wait at the staging area for someone. I also might try to hook up with panda and KDCH if I can roll up with them.

Kitty and I will be leaving as soon as she gets off work, probly around 4, I'll be off early but I don't think she can being this is her first week at her new job

07JKSahara

Kitty and I will be leaving as soon as she gets off work, probly around 4, I'll be off early but I don't think she can being this is her first week at her new job

I'll probably meet up with you guys when you hit 80, or somewhere down the 80 corridor. I need to check with my co pilot, but we should be able to leave anytime in the afternoon.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

View attachment 133711

I'll be coming from the East Bay area and could easily meet up with you guys coming from the Brentwood, Tracy area. I was thinking of leaving my house around noon, but could easily be flexible to caravan up with the group. :)

We will be heading up the minute the wife gets off work. So maybe by 7 get there. Staying both nights. Should we lock in on a CB channel so we can tune in when we are close?

Awesome!

Let's use CB channel 3 Friday night for the date. Makes it easy to remember.

Also for everyone meeting Saturday morning what time is preferred 8 or 9 at loon lake staging area?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Awesome!

Let's use CB channel 3 Friday night for the date. Makes it easy to remember.

Also for everyone meeting Saturday morning what time is preferred 8 or 9 at loon lake staging area?

We have a pretty good sized group so maybe 8 would give us a bit more time through out the day? With a couple of noobs like myself, the extra time might be necessary! :) :)

Top Bottom