Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

bkac

Caught the Bug
Last two times it was at the dealership they asked me if it was overheating? They couldn't find a reason for one of the codes. I have been keeping the coolant temperature on the dash. I told the dealership it had hit 222 then went back down last trip. The gauge does not fluctuate but the digital display started to go over 230 today.

When we are moving it cools down. At traffic lights it goes up.

I had a work truck back in the eighties. I ran it from Anaheim to Yakima, WA and back sometimes. One gallon Dello 400 every 40 gallons of fuel. Talk about a smoke screen.

Hey, just to share, I've had 3 jeeps, 2014 and 2 2015's with the digital display. Mine all have seen 226-228 degrees on a regular basis. I think it's normal for the display to read that. Mel with EVO posted his the other day on FB running 226 degrees. Crazy but normal, or at least a common to see numbers that high. Just an fyi...

NV375

Hey, just to share, I've had 3 jeeps, 2014 and 2 2015's with the digital display. Mine all have seen 226-228 degrees on a regular basis. I think it's normal for the display to read that. Mel with EVO posted his the other day on FB running 226 degrees. Crazy but normal, or at least a common to see numbers that high. Just an fyi...

My old high was 222 now it is 233. We will be running 205 then go up and back down. I have been keeping an eye on it a few months now. It is acting different now.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
My old high was 222 now it is 233. We will be running 205 then go up and back down. I have been keeping an eye on it a few months now. It is acting different now.

FWIW, 225-230 is not uncommon on my 14 Rubi. These engines were designed to run hot as part of their emissions/thermodynamics program. I'd be willing to bet that every Jeep on this trip will easily see a 220-230° coolant temp somewhere along this Rubicon trip.

If it wasn't for the EVIC, I would have never known because the needle gauge barely moves off the center peg.

If I were you, I'd park the EVIC on something more fun like the radio station info and enjoy your Jeep! However, this also might just be me trying to convince you to make it on the run!! :)

Hope to see ya there!

Last edited:

kyleolson

I took a day off this week to get things all prepped. I am doing a once over on the jeep to ensure everything is ready to go! :) Super excited.... I have been jonsing for a trip!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I took a day off this week to get things all prepped. I am doing a once over on the jeep to ensure everything is ready to go! :) Super excited.... I have been jonsing for a trip!

Now that's the way to do it! :thumb:

I'm doing the exact opposite, I'm out of town on work though Thursday and I'm taking the redeye back to SFO late Thursday night. Doh! Luckily, my wife is packing the Jeep and all I'll have to do is give it a once over on Friday morning along with installing my front driveshaft. I think I'm going to owe her one for this trip! :)

Out of all the jeeps does anyone have kids besides Kyle/Selena and is that want to participate in a Sunday morning Easter egg hunt before we leave?

07JKSahara

I'm "working from home" a few days this week. ;) So I'm interspersing jeep work at the same time.

Jeephooligan

Damn Rob, that looks awesome. I have no intentions of running at night, my luck I'll break something and ruin Saturday's run but I'm up to co-pilot with someone if there's room.

I probably won't be night wheeling either. I just had eye surgery about a week ago and right now I have little to no night vision. Probably wouldn't be a good idea 😵

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Still haven't determined if I'm going to head out on the night run. Now that the kids and my wife are coming along, might just enjoy some time around the campfire! :beer:

Speaking of a campfire, safe to bring a bundle of wood?

07JKSahara

All this night run talk. Here's my idea, my buddy can't leave work until 5, so he's driving up and going to leave his truck at the staging area. In going to head back out after camp is set up to get him. I'd appreciate at least one rig going with me if possible. Voila, a tame night run out of necessity. I'll join the big boy night run if I won't hold anyone up, and I'm back in time to go..... And I don't get scared 😕

Panda

All this night run talk. Here's my idea, my buddy can't leave work until 5, so he's driving up and going to leave his truck at the staging area. In going to head back out after camp is set up to get him. I'd appreciate at least one rig going with me if possible. Voila, a tame night run out of necessity. I'll join the big boy night run if I won't hold anyone up, and I'm back in time to go..... And I don't get scared 😕

I believe we'll be camped pretty close to the staging area but I'll be happy to run back with ya, we'll make it a 2 door only run ;) :dont_tell:

Top Bottom