Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

Out of all the jeeps does anyone have kids besides Kyle/Selena and is that want to participate in a Sunday morning Easter egg hunt before we leave?

We'll have our son but sadly we have to leave Saturday night. Wish we could stay for this Sunday morning :(

I probably won't be night wheeling either. I just had eye surgery about a week ago and right now I have little to no night vision. Probably wouldn't be a good idea 😵

Now there's an idea, a blind trail run :cheesy:

Yup 3 more days for you guys! Cant wait! Good thing I have four though because I need to work on another break line :naw:....these lines will haunt me forever.

Good thing I have four though because I need to work on another break line :naw:....these lines will haunt me forever.

Yea I'm wishing I had 4 days too lol. I was having issues with my Superchips Flashpaq tuner and kept getting an error. Got in touch with Superchips yesterday and they said they still didn't have the tuning code written for the 2015's yet so it wouldn't work. They said I had to go get a Flashcal to adjust for tire and gear changes.

Luckily I found a place that actually had one in stock. Should be ok but still wishing I had more time :D

Yea I'm wishing I had 4 days too lol. I was having issues with my Superchips Flashpaq tuner and kept getting an error. Got in touch with Superchips yesterday and they said they still didn't have the tuning code written for the 2015's yet so it wouldn't work. They said I had to go get a Flashcal to adjust for tire and gear changes.

Luckily I found a place that actually had one in stock. Should be ok but still wishing I had more time :D
JK_B/C_YOLO has a 2015 and it worked for his. He just had to update it.

JK_B/C_YOLO has a 2015 and it worked for his. He just had to update it.

I did the update but then as soon as I plugged it into the jeep it wouldn't download anything. It came up and said

Error code call superchips. User error code #3G-A (or something like that)

I did the update but then as soon as I plugged it into the jeep it wouldn't download anything. It came up and said

Error code call superchips. User error code #3G-A (or something like that)

That thing is a pile of junk. Sure miss my AEV Procal. Wish I would have just went that route again.

Your symptoms sound like its a fan issue to me. Could be a loose connection if it's sporadic.

If it was a genuine overheating issue, I would agree. However, the temp posted above (220-230°F) is completely normal for the Pentastar. The addition of the EVIC is making folks over think it. Even with 230° on the EVIC, the analog needle gauge barely moves from the normal 12 o-clock position. If you take the EVIC out of the equation, there wouldn't be one discussion about engine temps other than true overheating issues.

Now, with that said, he did mention there was some sort of old cooling system code thrown in the computer. That might be worth looking into, especially under warranty.

Just my $.02.

Took a shopping trip to the local Walmart and picked up a few items and got in a few packages from Amazon for items not found locally.

Getting really excited for this trip

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427915683.441577.jpg

Guys, Hate to say it but we're out for this weekend. We are trying to buy a house in probably the only market in the US that you pay thousands more then asking price and where houses are only on the market for a few hours/days before sold. It's been a huge pain in the tail. We have to go back to finalize up some things with or purchase. Sad not to make this one but really excited for the epic October run! Post lots of photos and snide remarks from this coming weekend!

Top Bottom