Best coilover lift and axle choice?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just skimmed over what everyone has said to make sure i didn't miss something. Sorry i haven't seen where anyone has explained why a pro rock44 is better built than the competition's 60's.

LOL!! Really?? Okay, now you really are just being dense.

jeeeep

Hooked
With my budget in mind what make the dana pro rock 44 front and trail 60 in the rear a better choice than just doing the 60's off the bat from dana? They are about the same cost and surely a dana 60 from dana or currie is just as good or a tad bit better than a pro rock 44?? Is it a warranty issue in the end that causes people to go with a 44 rather than a less expensive 60? Atleast if you with a 60 upfront from the get go you can later on upgrade to rcv's and better balljoints, and ujoints. With the 44 ur kinda stuck it seems.

I've been in this quandary..so short answer, budget and you've already had your answer several time...

Almost long answer, I know the Curries are tempting based on price but the advice given is real life usage, you may not wheel as hard but you also say you don't want to take a chance and get stranded. That's where budget and want rarely come together.

have you been on the dyntrac or any of their reseller sites priced out exactly what you want to get a true price comparison? the guys at Dynatrac or Northridge are great and willing to answer your questions regarding configuration options and price.

Also, while I'm here...when I called Offroad Evolution and inquired about the CO's, they told me the same thing they did you but the key word here is "not recommended" doesn't mean you can't, they would just prefer to sell the whole kit so you will not be disappointed if you decide to go bombing out in the desert and not be happy with the results. if you had pressed them they would have told you what Eddie mentioned earlier. But it sounds like you would get the results you are looking for with the bolt on CO kit.

I'm done typing, my fingers are cramping up :thumb:

Last edited:

jeeper52

LOSER
Thanks everyone for the information. Im going to make a few calls tomorrow to a few different companies and make a decision after that.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks everyone for the information. Im going to make a few calls tomorrow to a few different companies and make a decision after that.

Still don't want to go with what has been stated/referenced in this thread??? Way to leave a lasting impression. 😳

You need to do a search in the forum. These topics have been covered verbatim over and over and over.

But go ahead and call the companies. I'm sure they will lead you to the competition. 😉 Lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug
But you just replaced a busted stock 44 with....another stock 44.??? You missed your window of opportunity. How can we trust you now. 

This is true. I'm even liquid for $0.5K :crazyeyes:

jeeper52

LOSER
Still don't want to go with what has been stated/referenced in this thread??? Way to leave a lasting impression. 

You need to do a search in the forum. These topics have been covered verbatim over and over and over.

But go ahead and call the companies. I'm sure they will lead you to the competition.  Lol.

I ment im going to call dynatrac and get hard numbers to see if its doable. Damn you guys are touchy!

jeeper52

LOSER
Id rather just skip right over the 44 and get right into a no thrills 60 and upgrade it later on. I will see what they have to say tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ment im going to call dynatrac and get hard numbers to see if its doable. Damn you guys are touchy!

Id rather just skip right over the 44 and get right into a no thrills 60 and upgrade it later on. I will see what they have to say tomorrow.

Well, Dynatrac is a Dana/Mopar distributor so regardless of what you decide to get, they can help you get a great deal. :yup:

jeeper52

LOSER
Well, Dynatrac is a Dana/Mopar distributor so regardless of what you decide to get, they can help you get a great deal. :yup:

Cool thanks, with 37's and 40's in mind do i need 5:38 or 5:13 gears? Is there much rmp difference between the two? Ive heard its only like 200rpm?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool thanks, with 37's and 40's in mind do i need 5:38 or 5:13 gears? Is there much rmp difference between the two? Ive heard its only like 200rpm?

5.38's is what I'm running now with 37's and with a 3.6L motor, it's a bit too high for my taste. 5.13 is a much better match for 37's. With 40's, 5.38's is what you'd want.

5.38's is what I'm running now with 37's and with a 3.6L motor, it's a bit too high for my taste. 5.13 is a much better match for 37's. With 40's, 5.38's is what you'd want.

When did you go 5.38's in Rubicat? When you went with the PR44? Not sure why I still thought you were on 5.13's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When did you go 5.38's in Rubicat? When you went with the PR44? Not sure why I still thought you were on 5.13's.

We went 5.38's when we installed Moby's old PR60 rear axle. In hindsight, we should have installed a 5.13 in it instead of installing a 5.38 in our PR44 :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom