Best coilover lift and axle choice?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like it. Well except on the freeway lol. 3500 at 80 doesn't do much temps and mpg...

:cheesy: Oh yeah, climbing the Cajon Pass at 80 MPH on a warm day, my temp climbs pretty high. Forget about MPG :crazyeyes:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
At 75, we're running at about 3200 RPM.

Just curious Eddie, did you run the 5.13s for a while on Rubicat with the 37" Nittos? I'm headed down to ORE next Monday for a regear to 5.13s on my '14 JKUR Auto and was just curious what RPMs you saw at 70mph.

I've seen the charts and am expecting between 2800-2900, but just looking for some real world experience.

There's a small part of me thinking 4.88s would be better suited for my daily driver, but at the of the day, I think I'll be much happier with 5.13s.

Thanks and sorry for the thread drift!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious Eddie, did you run the 5.13s for a while on Rubicat with the 37" Nittos? I'm headed down to ORE next Monday for a regear to 5.13s on my '14 JKUR Auto and was just curious what RPMs you saw at 70mph.

I've seen the charts and am expecting between 2800-2900, but just looking for some real world experience.

There's a small part of me thinking 4.88s would be better suited for my daily driver, but at the of the day, I think I'll be much happier with 5.13s.

Thanks and sorry for the thread drift!

Yes, we ran 5.13's with 37's for about 2 years. RPM's were running at about 2800 - it's a much better setup for a DD.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I can say from a recent trip that 37's on 5.38s will walk away from 37's on 5.13s on the highway. Just not past the pump.

I can say from a recent trip that 37's on 5.38s will walk away from 37's on 5.13s on the highway. Just not past the pump.

I feel ya. I had mine re-geared when I first got it with 5.13's and stock tires. I could whip anyone off the line and to about 55mph hahaha I'm just glad it wasn't long :)

jeeper52

LOSER
Depending on which long arm kit you choose, yes. As far as the width goes that's up to you. I believe the PR44 is only stock width because you can reuse your stock knuckles. If you wanted full width I believe you would have to go with the hybrid 44 which has 60 outers. That's where you pick up your width. The 60 rear can be anything you'd like. With 40's and stock width you're going to want spacers or get wider axles to start with.

The only difference would be the high clearance arms requires you to weld in a couple brackets inside the frame right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I know you didn't ask me and this is just with 37's on factory Dana 44's but, here are some shots of the EVO bolt on kit fully flexed.

main.php

main.php

main.php

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I know, i was just asking if i chose to run that kit would it change much if i decided to run 14" instead of the 12" that it comes with?

Let me rephrase that, evo bolt on coil over kit is designed around 12" shocks. 14" shocks probably won't fit.

Top Bottom