Dusy Ershim Wedding and Trail Run. September 23rd-27th.

Mrs.2013rubirick

More disappointed really. Between you and me, I figured there would be a shit ton of good wine there and I was hoping to come drink it. Oh and participate in all the wedding bliss and stuff too. ;)

Regardless, we are going to have an amazing time with great people, wheel, drink wine, and enjoy each other's company ;)...

...Now back to the Rubicon thread :D

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think we should implement a new policy here at Wayalife…

The airing of grievances.

It's not good to keep this stuff all bottled up.

:cheesy:

pastorwug

I am really bummed by what has happened here, it seems to me to be some silly stuff between people that should be pulling together.
Sometimes amazes me how petty life can be.

Mrs.2013rubirick

That's a pretty heartless attitude regarding a wedding that could have taken place on s fun trip

I'm not trying to be "heartless" to anyone's feelings here. What I was trying to do was move away from this open arena so that the people involved could hash out the issue on their own and not have constant reminders constantly being highlighted over their phone screens. There are feelings im sure on both ends that would rather not be flagged all over a thread. I'm an extremely empathetic person and these are my very close friends. i was not posting as a joke. And I'm actually very offended that you would even entertain that notion. Perhaps social media does not relay concepts as intended, but i was merely attempting to spare further heart ache for dear friends. So with all due respect, i resent your accusation. I don't know you but from passing, what i hear are wonderful, amirable things. I understand that you were probably also looking out for your friend when you responded to me, but just know that your comment was misplaced.

Crawler Kitty

That's a pretty heartless attitude regarding a wedding that could have taken place on s fun trip

Pastor With all due respect Jill wasn't being heartless just trying to divert attention from a thread that already has gotten too much attention. I think Lee's post was a knee jerk reaction and shouldn't have been posted, there was no need to cancel the wedding. There's more to the story than what's on the thread

pastorwug

It's Official! A Rubicon Wedding

There has been a lot of counseling, talking and help involved with Ridge and fiancé getting to the point they have arrived at. Weddings shouldn't ever be something people run into without thought and preparation.
Here we are in Ridge's wedding thread and in the midst of many congratulations and joy for was going to happen there comes dissenting voices to turn this into another thread on the Oct Rubi run. I know that hurts Ridge, and it hurts all the others that had planned on celebrating with them. Heartless to just pass it off and say, OK - lets get back to a discussion about the trip excluding Ridge and his wedding - that's hardly empathetic.

My last post in this thread.

K.D.C.H

There has been a lot of counseling, talking and help involved with Ridge and fiancé getting to the point they have arrived at. Weddings shouldn't ever be something people run into without thought and preparation.
Here we are in Ridge's wedding thread and in the midst of many congratulations and joy for was going to happen there comes dissenting voices to turn this into another thread on the Oct Rubi run. I know that hurts Ridge, and it hurts all the others that had planned on celebrating with them. Heartless to just pass it off and say, OK - lets get back to a discussion about the trip excluding Ridge and his wedding - that's hardly empathetic.

My last post in this thread.

Forgive me for chiming in here Pastor but I just don't get it. Ridge was the one who said it was no longer happening right? Then Jill just said that regardless, they were still going to have an amazing time with great people, wheel, drink wine, and enjoy each other's company ;)...

Knowing they called it all off why not get back to talking about the trip and how fun it still would be.

I just don't see how that's "heartless". Seems like she just put a positive step forward.

Mrs.2013rubirick

Forgive me for chiming in here Pastor but I just don't get it. Ridge was the one who said it was no longer happening right? Then Jill just said that regardless, they were still going to have an amazing time with great people, wheel, drink wine, and enjoy each other's company ;)...

Knowing they called it all off why not get back to talking about the trip and how fun it still would be.

I just don't see how that's "heartless". Seems like she just put a positive step forward.

Thank you K.D.C.H i appreciate the support :) i definitely meant no harm. ...

Crawler Kitty

Weddings shouldn't ever be something people run into without thought and preparation.

Nor should the canceling of a wedding....especially publicly. My heart is breaking for all involved!

07JKSahara

WTF... I was working by the garage and just caught up. Ridge, I hope all is well, my hearts with you. Hoping I can still meet you some day soon.

Sorry for any confusion, the wedding itself IS moving forward and has not been cancelled. However, the date and location have been changed. I will post more info and hopefully we'll be changing this thread to a wedding/Dusy Ersham run.

ArmyofMike

Sorry for any confusion, the wedding itself IS moving forward and has not been cancelled. However, the date and location have been changed. I will post more info and hopefully we'll be changing this thread to a wedding/Dusy Ersham run.

Outstanding! Glad for the change of Venue! I would argue a better place to get married anyways. However, where you get married isn't as important as the marriage itself! :clap2:

Top Bottom