iPhone Encrypted Text Shutdown

longarmwj

Who here has heard about this? There are two text messages that can be sent that are a hodgepodge of different Arabic letters, symbols, etc. One of them causes your iPhone to crash for 5 seconds and restart, and the other one totally shuts down iMessage and you can't reopen it until the person who sent the first message sends you another message (IF they send you one). I thought it was just a bunch if Internet hype until it happened to me and my iPhone 6. First it started with a couple of friends sent me the one that turns your phone off for 5 seconds. No big deal, just somewhat annoying. Now the real shitty one turned out to be when one of them (who is a certain Oscar Mike driving east coaster in here lol) sent the one that disabled my texting (in the middle of a corporate text group message mind you) and it wouldn't let him reverse it. So I was stuck with an iPhone 5s that no longer worked. Needless to say I ended today with a new 6.....only to have it happen again.

Apple please patch this. I'm tired of having to block my friends and beg people to stop their continuous disabling of my phone. All I wanna do is share pictures of my Jeep with my friends with Jeeps without fear of the evil Arabic cluster fuck. Is that to much to ask 😐

Wardell

I know Apple can send a code to completely brick a phone remotely, but they usually only do it to disable stolen phones. A friend of mine had them do it for a phone his ex took when she ran off. I heard about this text thing too, and it sounds kinda like an exploit of that security feature. Either way, I'm not surprised that this is happening to iFail phones. Just another thing to add to the long list of why I'd never buy one of them I suppose.

Brankz

I'm being serious, knock your shit off. I don't feel you should be posting shit that fucks with peoples phones. Last warning.

Wtf are you talking about? i just posted the code for people that don't know what are they talking about, no one it's getting there phone fucked from posting it on here,
And last warning? GTFO

God dam! Why you need to start shit!
Just edit it and pm me or something you don't have to talk like that

Fuck it now I'm going to sleep, let's see what people will say because of this

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Wtf are you talking about? i just posted the code for people that don't know what are they talking about, no one it's getting there phone fucked from posting it on here,
And last warning? GTFO

God dam! Why you need to start shit!
Just edit it and pm me or something you don't have to talk like that

Fuck it now I'm going to sleep, let's see what people will say because of this

Real simple, I don't want you posting any code or message that someone can use to send to someone to fuck up their phone for one second, much less five. If you know the code, great. Send it to your friends. But I'm sure Eddie doesn't appreciate this shit posted on his forum.

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
This is definitely an iMessage issue caused by a specific series of unicode characters. I would turn off imessage until Apple releases a patch. :yup:

Loving my Android :)

Seriously though, it has darn near crippled my company this week. ~100 outside (road warriors) working in sales and technical support in Factory Automation. I know of two large factories that had extended down-time because someone thought it was funny to text this to someone who was providing phone support.

I know it may seem like simple fun (and in many cases it may be) But it has cost businesses lots of time and that equates to $

Top Bottom