iPhone Encrypted Text Shutdown

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lol.

Another thread of fail.

So I disabled my notification banners. From what I read is that a good temporary fix until apple resolves the issue or do I need to do more?

Oh and if anyone texts me that shit, there will be hell to pay.

Brankz

Did you wake up feeling like an Internet badass today?

No I just had a bad day...
I know I can't be a dick with everyone just because of that

So I'm sorry alran30
But I still think that a pm or telling me with out profanities would be better

And with that guy ☝🏻 (robar)I don't know who that is and why he has to say that

Grubbicon

Lol.

Another thread of fail.

So I disabled my notification banners. From what I read is that a good temporary fix until apple resolves the issue or do I need to do more?

Doing what you did should work fine. Also if you are looking at the conversation and someone sends it to you it wont do anything because it doesnt give the notification.

JAGS

Hooked
Lol.

Another thread of fail.

Apple put something out that fortune mag picked up.

http://fortune.com/2015/05/29/apple-iphone-bug/?xid=yahoo_fortune

Copy and paste of article:

Try this if your messages app unexpectedly quits

Calling all iPhone users: you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Thursday night, Apple published a temporary fix to a strange bug that causes a user’s messaging app to unexpectedly quit after receiving a “specific series of unicode characters,” that appear to be a combination of symbols and arabic-language characters. If this happens to you, just follow these simple steps. (Yes, you’ll have to get Siri involved):

Ask Siri to “read unread messages.”
Use Siri to reply to the malicious message. After you reply, you’ll be able to open Messages again.
In Messages, swipe left to delete the entire thread. Or tap and hold the malicious message, tap More, and delete the message from the thread.
Apple plans to permanently fix the bug in an upcoming software update.

Drobo

It's not just the 6. The same day my 6 got hit was the same day that I got it (yesterday lol). My 5s was hit also and totally immobilized. It wasn't until it was factory reset that it worked again.

So weird! Well if enough people put in bug tickets through their system it might flag and let them know there is a big issue going on. This version of iOS although new has some nasty bugs that just need some good old debugging! But at least it sounds like you were able to get stuff straightened out for you

longarmwj

Yes thankfully. I know Apple is working on an update to fix this issue but it seems like it got old for everyone real quick lol

Robar

The Enforcer
Do I know you?
Yes, but I'm sure you don't remember.

No I just had a bad day...
I know I can't be a dick with everyone just because of that

So I'm sorry alran30
But I still think that a pm or telling me with out profanities would be better

And with that guy ☝ (robar)I don't know who that is and why he has to say that

I say that, because that is how I feel and I'm ready for it to happen.

DA RUNT

Lol.

Another thread of fail.

Hey what's your number? There's something cool I wanna show you :cheesy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This is not nearly the end of the world people are making it out to be. I just consider it an iPhone Easter egg. ;)

David1tontj

):

Ask Siri to “read unread messages.”
Use Siri to reply to the malicious message. After you reply, you’ll be able to open Messages again.
In Messages, swipe left to delete the entire thread. Or tap and hold the malicious message, tap More, and delete the message from the thread.
Apple plans to permanently fix the bug in an upcoming software update.

Thanks for posting that up Jags!!

JakeJK

Who here has heard about this? There are two text messages that can be sent that are a hodgepodge of different Arabic letters, symbols, etc. One of them causes your iPhone to crash for 5 seconds and restart, and the other one totally shuts down iMessage and you can't reopen it until the person who sent the first message sends you another message (IF they send you one). I thought it was just a bunch if Internet hype until it happened to me and my iPhone 6. First it started with a couple of friends sent me the one that turns your phone off for 5 seconds. No big deal, just somewhat annoying. Now the real shitty one turned out to be when one of them (who is a certain Oscar Mike driving east coaster in here lol) sent the one that disabled my texting (in the middle of a corporate text group message mind you) and it wouldn't let him reverse it. So I was stuck with an iPhone 5s that no longer worked. Needless to say I ended today with a new 6.....only to have it happen again.

Apple please patch this. I'm tired of having to block my friends and beg people to stop their continuous disabling of my phone. All I wanna do is share pictures of my Jeep with my friends with Jeeps without fear of the evil Arabic cluster fuck. Is that to much to ask 😐

If you turn your pop up notifications off it won't restart your phone when you receive the message

Top Bottom