Shark "Tank"

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I can't wait to see what you have in store Sharkey. I followed along with Meanst's build and if I lived closer, I'd definitely come help you out (and pick your brain)!

Spudcannons

Had a little time to get some more work done. Decided to countersink an aluminum support across the gate side span. Haven't decided if I'll keep the extra tail going over to the passenger side. Might be worth it if I decide to mount the fridge on that side.

Also, I will be installing a dedicated 12-volt on the cross piece behind the rear seat. I've been told the factory plug in the rear won't run a fridge well.

As you can see from the pics, there should be enough room behind the rear seat and in front of the box for a driveshaft or some longer tools.

So far, I like it. Even without a lid it is very sturdy.

Looks great! Is that speaker hiding under your new deck factory?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes. That's the factory sub in the 2015's if you get the upgraded stereo system. I have to say, the sound blows my '09 out of the water.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yes. That's the factory sub in the 2015's of you get the upgraded stereo system. I have to say, the sound blows my '09 out of the water.

Its crazy how much better it is over the 14's and older. Wait until you get your deck installed the bass is almost too much even turned down. I'm really happy with the new stereo setup they used. Looking great Sharkey! I'm liking your ideas!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^Thanks. I'm definitely going this route. I can't justify the extra $120 for the stainless version of basically the same thing. Plus, it seems like the molle could come in handy.

I need to get this ordered and a few other odds and ends so I can finish my deck.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^ thanks! :beer:

Time to start working on the lid. A kid's protractor and some cardboard help with figuring out the scribe.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438900604.066140.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
First test fit of the deck went well. Time to make some little adjustments and then move on to finish. I'll carpet the deck for sure and add something for the edges, but I have not decided whether I will carpet the supports or just paint them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438906250.053398.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438906268.159099.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438906285.228974.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks great!!!!! I've been debating on putting another one in my new rig. Great ideas on the attachment points!!! Mind if I barrow that?

Not at all. My goal was not to drill any new holes in the back and the attachment points worked great.

Are you cutting the layout on a table saw? Cuts look very good.

I cut the supports to their basic length with a table saw. I borrowed a handheld jigsaw from MTG and I used it for all of the cuts on the lid. I used a protractor to trace the cuts out on cardboard first and then transferred the cardboard trace onto the plywood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom