Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here is what it looks like with the gate closed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145982.627546.jpg

All but 1" will disappear once my mpac gate table is installed.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This pic will give an idea of storage capacity of the center section. I've got a 3+ season, 3-person MH tent, personal stove (which is all I use 90% of the time), hammock, goal zero lantern, BOB, first aid kit, and extra clothes. I still have plenty of room for a good size socket set.

I'll play around with some different combos of bags, tubs, and pelican cases until I get it the way I really want it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439146241.755191.jpg

On the left small side I have an ARB tow strap, camp ax, gloves, and a hitch. I can also fit my full size torque wrench and other long tools on the sides, including tool rolls once I get some.

Rharvey160

great job! I hope mine comes out as good. So far all I've done is order the parts to replace the subwoofer. It's just so darned HOT that I am not real motivated until it cools off a little.

If ORV made one for a two door I believe I would just go that route.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If ORV made one for a two door I believe I would just go that route.

Honestly, I'm very glad that MTG talked me into making my own. I think mine is probably stronger than the ORV and all in, it cost me about $90 to get all of the materials. The difference in savings alone is almost enough to buy an ARB fridge.

Rharvey160

Honestly, I'm very glad that MTG talked me into making my own. I think mine is probably stronger than the ORV and all in, it cost me about $90 to get all of the materials. The difference in savings alone is almost enough to buy an ARB fridge.

Yep, at $789 + 49 for shipping the ORV is real pricey. So far I have $162.95 in the subwoofer relocation parts. I've been scouring the different forums looking at different implementations ranging from nice to the 1/2" warped plywood approach. I've got a few good ideas if I can just get them from my head to the finished product.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Minus the $300 consultation fee of course. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yep, at $789 + 49 for shipping the ORV is real pricey. So far I have $162.95 in the subwoofer relocation parts. I've been scouring the different forums looking at different implementations ranging from nice to the 1/2" warped plywood approach. I've got a few good ideas if I can just get them from my head to the finished product.

Understood. Having done it, I think the starting place has to be figuring out how you want it to actually tie into the floor.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So, anyone have recommendations for tool rolls? I don't really want the cheap vinyl Harbor stuff but I also don't want to spend a mint either.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks like I found a perfect size pelican box for the center section. The external size of the box is 6.93" and my deck sits at about 7" underneath. Pelican's are crush-proof and waterproof. So, all of my important gear will stay dry and the boxes will add support for the deck. I can fit two side by side turned lengthwise and still have quite a bit of room for other trip specific stuff.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439161653.967525.jpg

Rharvey160

Understood. Having done it, I think the starting place has to be figuring out how you want it to actually tie into the floor.

I agree with you on that. figuring out how to tie it down may be the hardest part. I'm pretty I'll have to drill a few holes.

What's next on your list?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So, anyone have recommendations for tool rolls? I don't really want the cheap vinyl Harbor stuff but I also don't want to spend a mint either.

I bought some craftsman rolls for wrenches. They hold enough wrenches and I have one for standard and one for metric. They won't hold more then 8mm to 18mm though so I have 19's and 21's in my toolbag. I have seen some like what MTG has on eBay and Amazon but haven't bought any yet.

I too am looking for a roll that will hold crescent wrenches and the like.

Top Bottom