Shark "Tank"

ttfhell

I've used this for a couple years. Holds other stuff good (channel locks, crescent etc?as well as has adjustable straps to hold stuff tight. Will sit on the wheel well carpet perfect for quick access. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439167162.244817.jpg

chipper

Great build Sharkey. I'm subscribed. Love the rear deck your building, I'm gonna copy your idea. How did you attach the deck to the sub frame. Also who makes that gate table your getting?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What's next on your list?

I need to get the pelican boxes, the trail table, and start saving for a fridge. There are some other small odds and ends I'd like to get sooner rather than later though.

The next big purchase for the Jeep will either be (1) lift, tires, wheels; (2) front bumper w/ winch, rear bumper w/ trail rack and some rocker armor; (3) dual battery setup, compressor, sport cage, painless wire management, cb; or (4) a few "things" that go bang that I have had my eyes on.

Those are all big categories though and they aren't going to happen before the end of the year. My goal is to have about $6k that I can play with by the first of the year.

If I end up having more than that, I am seriously considering getting an adventure trailer.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Great build Sharkey. I'm subscribed. Love the rear deck your building, I'm gonna copy your idea. How did you attach the deck to the sub frame. Also who makes that gate table your getting?

I pre-drilled pilot holes to avoid blowing out the wood, then screwed the deck with 3" deck screws, and then carpeted it in place. It took some work, but I like the way it turned out.

I'm getting the Springtail Solutions MPAC table. I had their rack on my other Jeep and found it to be high quality. I have some ideas for the table, what I'll put on it, and how I can make it integrate well with my deck.

Last edited:

MonkeyLeo13

Really love how you made some progress with your cargo project and looking forward to see your finalize project for cargo. I'm curious to see what everyone's recommendation for tool rolls cuz I do need one. Can't stand when I throw all my wrenches into one bag that mixed with different tools :icon_crazy:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow you sure are making up for lost time. I see where all your spare time is spent. Did I mention I love the color?

I can't wait to see what's next.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wow you sure are making up for lost time. I see where all your spare time is spent. Did I mention I love the color?

I can't wait to see what's next.

Lol. Spare time? Between work and coaching youth football, I get about 1 hour a week for myself. ;) That is why this project took three weeks instead of one day.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new jeep Sharkey, been waiting to see a build thread from you, and dont know how I missed this one. Love the rear deck :thumb:

GCM 2

I bought some craftsman rolls for wrenches. They hold enough wrenches and I have one for standard and one for metric. They won't hold more then 8mm to 18mm though so I have 19's and 21's in my toolbag. I have seen some like what MTG has on eBay and Amazon but haven't bought any yet.

I too am looking for a roll that will hold crescent wrenches and the like.

Here's the open end/box end SAE/Metric combo tool roll that I bought on Amazon after MTG recommended them. The price is awesome for a set of trail tools. Sized up to 1" and 24mm

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439231739.166816.jpg

The tool roll that ttfhell showed in his post above was pretty cool. I remember seeing that in Moab this spring while "I watched you guys work on jeeps".

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Here's the open end/box end SAE/Metric combo tool roll that I bought on Amazon after MTG recommended them. The price is awesome for a set of trail tools. Sized up to 1" and 24mm

View attachment 159251

That one is pretty neat. Might have to check it out.

I've got one of the Carhartt tool rolls. I currently use it for wrenches and while it works I think it might be better suited for pliers, crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. the pockets are all the same size so the longer wrenches are a little loose in it. It's worked good this far though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 159251

The tool roll that ttfhell showed in his post above was pretty cool. I remember seeing that in Moab this spring while "I watched you guys work on jeeps".

That's the one.

ttfhell

View attachment 159251

I have this set at home too. Wanted to use the same roll for all my ratcheting wrenches but they were too big for the holes. That's a first for me.

Rharvey160

I need to get the pelican boxes, the trail table, and start saving for a fridge. There are some other small odds and ends I'd like to get sooner rather than later though.

The next big purchase for the Jeep will either be (1) lift, tires, wheels; (2) front bumper w/ winch, rear bumper w/ trail rack and some rocker armor; (3) dual battery setup, compressor, sport cage, painless wire management, cb; or (4) a few "things" that go bang that I have had my eyes on.

Those are all big categories though and they aren't going to happen before the end of the year. My goal is to have about $6k that I can play with by the first of the year.

If I end up having more than that, I am seriously considering getting an adventure trailer.

The big purchase items are what really kill the budget. I've spent a fortune on mine and still don't have Dynatrac axles. No harder than I wheel it is unlikely that I will ever have them. I like the idea of the Adventure trailer and some nice cool weather camping.

Top Bottom