Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

Not sure if any of you like pelican cases, but B&H Photo has some great prices online. Plus, no tax and no shipping. Hopefully I am going to order up a couple of 1500 cases and my trail table this week.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure if any of you like pelican cases, but B&H Photo has some great prices online. Plus, no tax and no shipping. Hopefully I am going to order up a couple of 1500 cases and my trail table this week.

Heavy duty protection for sure. Curious what you use the cases for?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Heavy duty protection for sure. Curious what you use the cases for?

Waterproof, secure storage underneath the deck I built. They can be padlocked if the need arises and they are crushproof so they will actually add support and rigidity to the deck from underneath (the deck won't be able to flex more than about 1/4" even with someone standing on it). One of the cases will hold my solar panels, cables, rechargeable batteries, rechargeable lantern, hand held radios, etc., and a variety of other electronic stuff. I haven't decided what exactly I will put in the other one yet, but it could end up housing my stove, water filter, kitchen kit, etc. I also have a 1400 series (smaller) case that I converted to a first aid kit a few decades ago in my river guide days (nothing worse than wet bandaids).

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Here's the open end/box end SAE/Metric combo tool roll that I bought on Amazon after MTG recommended them. The price is awesome for a set of trail tools. Sized up to 1" and 24mm

View attachment 159251

The tool roll that ttfhell showed in his post above was pretty cool. I remember seeing that in Moab this spring while "I watched you guys work on jeeps".

These are on sale on Amazon for $23 right now.. Ordered a set!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well looked what showed up today. I'm very excited to see what this thing can do. Ultimately I will need a few more panels to run an ARB fridge indefinitely, but the pieces are starting to come together.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441150300.525988.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Waterproof, secure storage underneath the deck I built. They can be padlocked if the need arises and they are crushproof so they will actually add support and rigidity to the deck from underneath (the deck won't be able to flex more than about 1/4" even with someone standing on it). One of the cases will hold my solar panels, cables, rechargeable batteries, rechargeable lantern, hand held radios, etc., and a variety of other electronic stuff. I haven't decided what exactly I will put in the other one yet, but it could end up housing my stove, water filter, kitchen kit, etc. I also have a 1400 series (smaller) case that I converted to a first aid kit a few decades ago in my river guide days (nothing worse than wet bandaids).

Makes sense for the waterproof case(s) given the electronics inside.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That's is excellent!! I'm looking at the smaller one at REI. Can you tell me draw of the fridge by chance?

I actually don't know because I don't have a fridge yet. :(

I'm not sure about the smaller goal zero, but I know for sure the 400 will power a fridge because a friend of mine runs the same setup up in base camp on extended hunting trips.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

#bugout

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Well looked what showed up today. I'm very excited to see what this thing can do. Ultimately I will need a few more panels to run an ARB fridge indefinitely, but the pieces are starting to come together.

View attachment 163092

Great work on the deck, just getting caught up here.

Goal Zero makes amazing products, we use them at many of our field activations at work and they are awesome 😄👍🏻

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Great work on the deck, just getting caught up here.

Goal Zero makes amazing products, we use them at many of our field activations at work and they are awesome 😄👍🏻

Thanks.

I have some of their smaller lights and the lighthouse lantern and have been impressed so far. I can't wait to use this stuff. Great form factor for sure.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Thanks.

I have some of their smaller lights and the lighthouse lantern and have been impressed so far. I can't wait to use this stuff. Great form factor for sure.

Absolutely! They are quite durable as well. My team does 2-4 events each weekend and their gear usually lasts us about 16-24months. With that frequent usage not many products hold up that long, I'm a fan big time. Especially with all the size ranges they have, they really have a size for any occasion 😄✌🏻

Trail Bud

Hooked
I actually don't know because I don't have a fridge yet. :(

I'm not sure about the smaller goal zero, but I know for sure the 400 will power a fridge because a friend of mine runs the same setup up in base camp on extended hunting trips.

Found this out a 50 quart fridge draws .87 amps per hour.

Top Bottom