Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Brown Santa is dropping off some more stuff this week. Got my first Pelican 1500 and started putting together my solar kit for the Goal Zero Yeti 400. Right now I just have one Nomad 20 panel. Ultimately I will have four that can be linked together. Here is the box so far.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441816057.140217.jpg

Later this week Brown Santa will drop off some more rechargeable batteries and a variety of connectors for the panel and Yeti 400, including one that I can use to charge the Yeti off of the Jeep's 12 volt while driving.

I really like the Pelican boxes. They are bombproof and the 1500 works perfectly with my deck. I should be able to fit three 1500's under the deck and still have room for some other stuff. Box 2 will likely be my kitchen. The contents of Box 3 are still undecided.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441816265.636240.jpg

TeamFaust

Time to take care of some little things. On my '09 I installed climbing bolt anchors in the rear sport cage. For whatever reason, JKU's come with a nut embedded in the sport bar on each side. (If any of you know why, I'd love to hear the answer).

Anyway, here they are. Great as a hammock attachment point and also to hang bags vertically in the back.

Why didn't I think of that, DUH! Great idea, always looking for an secure anchor point in the back. Thanks for sharing.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Springtail molle table showed up tonight. Decisions, decisions, do I install tonight in the poor light or wait until tomorrow.

HIlife

Wow I really love that deck. Seriously considering doing this now! Perfect for my dog to hop on top when going to the beach, but still store things underneath. great job

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Strange. I would have thought you would have ordered from someone else? :idontknow: ;)

Lol. No, I didn't order from NR.

I ordered direct. I sent Springtail an email last night. Before I woke up this morning he had already sent me an email apologizing and saying the bolts would be priority mailed to me today. Mistakes happen and he handled it well. No harm, no foul. I would definitely order from Springtail again.

As a side note, the table seems very sturdy and well-built.

SnailTrail

Brown Santa is dropping off some more stuff this week. Got my first Pelican 1500 and started putting together my solar kit for the Goal Zero Yeti 400. Right now I just have one Nomad 20 panel. Ultimately I will have four that can be linked together. Here is the box so far.

View attachment 164206

Later this week Brown Santa will drop off some more rechargeable batteries and a variety of connectors for the panel and Yeti 400, including one that I can use to charge the Yeti off of the Jeep's 12 volt while driving.

I really like the Pelican boxes. They are bombproof and the 1500 works perfectly with my deck. I should be able to fit three 1500's under the deck and still have room for some other stuff. Box 2 will likely be my kitchen. The contents of Box 3 are still undecided.

View attachment 164207

How do you like the goal zero? Ive been looking at them for a year or so now but never came across anyone with one. And I say fill the contents of box 3 with ammo, firearms and knives.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

How do you like the goal zero? Ive been looking at them for a year or so now but never came across anyone with one. And I say fill the contents of box 3 with ammo, firearms and knives.

So far I like it, but I haven't put the Yeti to the test yet. The lantern, LED light and AA batteries have worked great. The first real test for the Yeti won't come until I get my ARB fridge.

As for the 3rd box, I wouldn't want Overlander to think I'm a nut job prepper. ;)

SnailTrail

That would be interesting. I keep getting conflicting information. The yeti4oo is 33ah and the arb only draws .87amps so I would assume more than a day. Then I see something with similar amp draw at 115v 90watts and they only get 4 hours.

**edit** It would seem you would only get about 3.5 hours on until the generator would need to be charged on 120v and should be more than a day on 12v.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So far I like it, but I haven't put the Yeti to the test yet. The lantern, LED light and AA batteries have worked great. The first real test for the Yeti won't come until I get my ARB fridge.

As for the 3rd box, I wouldn't want Overlander to think I'm a nut job prepper. ;)

:cheesy: I already know you're a nut job. The prepper part is still up in the air.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone replace their dome bulbs with led's? I'm not looking for whorehouse colored-crap, I just want some good white light.

Top Bottom