Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are you and the MTG going to head out to the Ultra 4 Nationals that are in town (Reno) this weekend? I am still stuck overseas and will not be home until next Thursday, so I am out.

Unfortunately I am out too. Football playoffs with my kids all weekend.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So you're saying you lead a normal life? Seems like the best people always do. I guess we are just not hardcore enough anymore.

Truth! In the last two months, my Jeep has carried more athletic tape and football gear than recovery and camping gear.

Maybe I can mix in some winter camping and wheeling once the season is over.

Lance628

Truth! In the last two months, my Jeep has carried more athletic tape and football gear than recovery and camping gear.

Maybe I can mix in some winter camping and wheeling once the season is over.

I know that felling mines just starting my daughter make the travel basketball team every year every weekend two day tourents all over the state

hydroslyder

Time to take care of some little things. On my '09 I installed climbing bolt anchors in the rear sport cage. For whatever reason, JKU's come with a nut embedded in the sport bar on each side. (If any of you know why, I'd love to hear the answer).

Anyway, here they are. Great as a hammock attachment point and also to hang bags vertically in the back.

View attachment 154626
View attachment 154627
View attachment 154628

Any concern over stressing the roll bar by connecting hammocks here? Love the idea, I've been looking for a good way to hammock from the jeep! Have you hung two hammocks from the rollbar at the same time?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I haven't hung two.

I'm a big dude and I'm not worried about doing any damage...but I always hang off of the two together.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

Note to self: when you order off of Amazon, make sure you check the location of the supplier.

Finally got these little gems that I ordered one month ago. Now to find some time get these installed in the top of my deck. One for a fridge, one for my goal zero.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447224749.972303.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just caught up in your build thread. Great job, it's coming along nicely. Lots of great ideas and you really got me thinking about some sort of secure under seat storage for the rear seat. I keep a lot of stuff under there and have been using the bestop under seat bags. I'm always worried about someone walking by and snatching them. Anyways, looking great! [emoji106]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

Nothing new yet. I have decided to hold off on installing the 12 volt outlets until I have the fridge because I want to make sure the placement is right.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

Anybody use one of these? I'm thinking it might make a good solder/heat shrink/whatever tool for the Jeep kit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448836781.916642.jpg

Last edited:

OJK12

I've looked at those myself and wondered if they were any good. If you get it let us know how it works.

Top Bottom