Check Out the NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rendering - What do you Think?

Dalton gang

I'm keeping my 13 , I'll just do an engine upgrade once I blow the current one, I'm not a big fan of the clean sleek jeep haha, I did hear something about an aluminum frame or uni body . Not sure about that either .

Alaskabound

My thoughts......

Allpar has just posted up a new rendering of what the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler might look like and apparently, it's based on sources they have that has seen "the real deal". As you will see, the JL Wrangler looks like it will have a windshield that is angled back more and doesn't fold down, will come with a front grill that is sloped back and have a bend in it and come with a full width bumper much like what you see on European JK Wranglers now. Check it out...

View attachment 179216

View attachment 179217

You can see the article here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/12/inside-the-wrangler-rendering-30863

Would love to know what you all think of it :yup:

Personally, I don't see that much difference. Would I buy one, NO! I have a 2008 with the lifetime power train that I hope to drive till I'm put in the ground. I would much rather see them put out a more quality product than try to reinvent things.

vgullotta

My humble thoughts are that I am glad I am getting a 2016 JK before they are all gone. Yes, those changes seem somewhat minor, but it seems to be moving in the direction of a road vehicle instead of an off-road vehicle. The bumper to me just seems ugly and would make modifications more difficult.

The bumper modification for this one is the same modification we do with the stock JK bumper, remove it, add something way stronger and better looking, drink beers and eat pizzas. Many high fives!

MrD

New 2018 Jeep

My opinion is it is not my style! I love my JK! The body style is not attractive and sounds like the top may not come off! If I wanted a 4 door truck I would have kept my Chevy!

JEEPnGEO

YUK!!

Front bumper would be unbolted and left at the dealer before going home, naw, naw, son.... That would mean I would of actually bought one...

Looks like you can't lower the front windshield anymore. Who needs aerodynamics at 1 MPH..... I love the windshield on my 09. I just wish they made the rig taller. I have a long upper body do it is hard for me to see the stop lights etc... I would go for a 1 to 2 inch raise in the roofline.

The whole thing looks like it is made of plastic and no steel. Leave the grill alone. I can see if your sticking a gigantic winch in front of the grill. Make the gaps in the current grill just a little wider..

If your going to get an automatic why not just make the P,R,N,D,2,1 buttons... Time to move on and get rid of the shifter. My jeep is a standard but my wifes little electric car which has a single speed tranny still has the stupid gear selector.

The thing is just ugly. I am hanging on to keep my 2009. Besides who would want a first year model anyways. Wait till the 2018 and see what gets worked out....

JEEPnGEO

YUK!!

Front bumper would be unbolted and left at the dealer before going home, naw, naw, son.... That would mean I would of actually bought one...

Looks like you can't lower the front windshield anymore. Who needs aerodynamics at 1 MPH..... I love the windshield on my 09. I just wish they made the rig taller. I have a long upper body do it is hard for me to see the stop lights etc... I would go for a 1 to 2 inch raise in the roofline.

The whole thing looks like it is made of plastic and no steel. Leave the grill alone. I can see if your sticking a gigantic winch in front of the grill. Make the gaps in the current grill just a little wider..

If your going to get an automatic why not just make the P,R,N,D,2,1 buttons... Time to move on and get rid of the shifter. My jeep is a standard but my wifes little electric car which has a single speed tranny still has the stupid gear selector.

The thing is just ugly. I am hanging on to keep my 2009. Besides who would want a first year model anyways. Wait till the 2018 and see what gets worked out....

jolly

for me it looks like a euro Sahara. With proper rocksliders, black fenders and a good bumper, it's just like a JK. I just don't understand why they angle down the windshield but keep the hood latches. These must induce a lot of drag - not?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
for me it looks like a euro Sahara. With proper rocksliders, black fenders and a good bumper, it's just like a JK. I just don't understand why they angle down the windshield but keep the hood latches. These must induce a lot of drag - not?

I'm truly baffled here. Hood latches producing lots of drag. What?

Zstairlessone

You asked a question about hood latches and excessive drag from a previous post. Seemed to me to be a cheeky comment about someone's concerns being in the weeds, winglets increase aerodynamics by 'cleaning up' airflow - my cheeky response was in relation to the relative positioning of hood latches to winglets and how the high speed Jeep Wrangler may gain an aerodynamic edge once it passes 150 mph. Because at real world speed the hood latch isn't creating drag, and won't affect mpg or speed.

Now I feel silly having to explain something this inane, but maybe you really don't understand the effect of the hood latches, or maybe you were being an a$$hole to the other poster and are either unable to understand what I wrote or are just being obtuse. Doesn't matter either way, I will just try to answer any of your questions as if I am talking with a 5 year old - or maybe just ignore you - in the future.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
You asked a question about hood latches and excessive drag from a previous post. Seemed to me to be a cheeky comment about someone's concerns being in the weeds, winglets increase aerodynamics by 'cleaning up' airflow - my cheeky response was in relation to the relative positioning of hood latches to winglets and how the high speed Jeep Wrangler may gain an aerodynamic edge once it passes 150 mph. Because at real world speed the hood latch isn't creating drag, and won't affect mpg or speed.

My "Cheeky" response was because I am confused why someone would think a hood latch would produce lots of drag. I was hoping he would elaborate, but you stepped right in to save the day with your pointless article on airplanes..

Now I feel silly having to explain something this inane, but maybe you really don't understand the effect of the hood latches, or maybe you were being an a$$hole to the other poster and are either unable to understand what I wrote or are just being obtuse. Doesn't matter either way, I will just try to answer any of your questions as if I am talking with a 5 year old - or maybe just ignore you - in the future.

Oh, and thank you for breaking all this down for me. My simple mind has a very hard time grasping the intricacies of aerodynamics.

When I think of jeep hood latch aerodynamics I think of jet wings every time. Lol

Right?

Top Bottom