Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Lol, I tried to give him my factory rear bumper for nothing and he won't take it.

He'd just tear it off again. ;)

You need to make it to the End of Summer Run!!

Man, I want too! After wheeling my stock Jeep, it reminded me of how much fun it is to wheel in stock form. Everyone loves the sound of a good belly rub :)

Looks like a blast! I am Jealous!

It was a great time! I need to come up to Oklahoma for one of your runs soon!

Napalm

Just let me know! I have been talking to the Wife about Clayton in the not too distant future.

Clayton is awesome. My favorite OHV area in Oklahoma. It's where the Kiamichi trail starts too I believe.

I can promise you a good time and great picture opportunities!

And you know I love a good picture opportunity! I'm gonna be wheeling the next one since I'll have a co-driver!

Napalm

Post trip clean up. Gonna try and wax it tomorrow and strip her down. Also trying again on the Wayalife decal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464044930.770082.jpg

Napalm

Who needs a truck to haul stuff?[emoji12]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464093148.951382.jpg

In other news.. Screwed up yet another decal so having to order another one.. How are you guys putting them on? I've never been this terrible at it, LOL.

Last edited:

Kyle7R

Who needs a truck to haul stuff?[emoji12]
View attachment 204771

In other news.. Screwed up yet another decal so having to order another one.. How are you guys putting them on? I've never been this terrible at it, LOL.

I don't need no stinkin' truck, especially with my handy dandy hitch basket! Lol.

Surely somebody has a decal installation YouTube vid, you'll be a professional in no time :bleh:

Napalm

I don't need no stinkin' truck, especially with my handy dandy hitch basket! Lol.

Surely somebody has a decal installation YouTube vid, you'll be a professional in no time :bleh:

LoL! We should have taken on one of the trail and seen how long it took to be torn off!

And yes, as long as they are Canadian, I'll be in good hands.

Napalm

Another campsite shot from the Texas Barnwell Run
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464453184.758701.jpg

Plans for next week:
- install new banner(3rd times the charm)
- replace back window on my Trektop due to a hazing of the vinyl glass
- get Steel stripped down

Working on a 3-5 year plan for the Jeep's mods. Now that the wife has decided we need/want to mod the Jeep, she wants the best of the best(on our budget)

So, I'll be working on that and updating it as time permits. We did just open our own business, so Jeep money is scare currently.

FLKEYSJK

Working on a 3-5 year plan for the Jeep's mods. Now that the wife has decided we need/want to mod the Jeep, she wants the best of the best(on our budget)

So, I'll be working on that and updating it as time permits. We did just open our own business, so Jeep money is scare currently.
I knew you would eventually start to mod Steel, it's a disease lol.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Can't wait to see the proposed mod list! :thumb:

Napalm

Just bouncing ideas around in my head.. But I think my starting point will be front bumper/winch and get rid of the rear bumper. Just seems smart with the possibility of us wheeling on our own. I've been eying a few bumpers, not sure if I want to go with a stinger again or something a little more modest. I've got about 6 months to decide though.

SilverBack

I got out in Steel to get my CB antenna tuned using my SWR meter. I ended up finding a large open field that I couldn't help but explore :)
View attachment 203973
After 8 readings, I was finally able to get an even 1.5 on channels 1 and 40.
Now, time to explore :)
View attachment 203974
View attachment 203975
View attachment 203976
View attachment 203977
View attachment 203978

My new windshield decal isn't dead center and is bothering my OCD. How noticeable is it?

Shit, I put all of my decals on crooked so people think it's on purpose.

Jackal01

Just bouncing ideas around in my head.. But I think my starting point will be front bumper/winch and get rid of the rear bumper. Just seems smart with the possibility of us wheeling on our own. I've been eying a few bumpers, not sure if I want to go with a stinger again or something a little more modest. I've got about 6 months to decide though.

What would be the reason for "more modest"? You had the 1/4 before obviously...

Napalm

Shit, I put all of my decals on crooked so people think it's on purpose.

LOL! If only my OCD would let me let it go :)

What would be the reason for "more modest"? You had the 1/4 before obviously...

More of a personal preference mostly. I loved my 1/4 pounder, and it's still on my list. Just trying to decide if I wanna go that route or go something without a stinger.

What I meant by more modest was a bumper without a stinger. I should have been more clear on that!

Top Bottom