Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Started the install of my CB today but got interrupted by adult things.

So here's a few shots of the FireStik 2ft antenna that I installed along with the Rugged Ridge mount. 2ft was the perfect size!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462396464.573347.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462396475.512995.jpg

Napalm

While out cruising in the near perfect weather today, I stumbled upon a field with random slabs of concrete all over it. It was an awesome place for a few pictures, and somewhere I hope to get back to quickly to take a few more and explore.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462483377.288292.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462483386.921440.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462483405.432901.jpg

Napalm

I'm having the same problem with my antenna rubbing spare tire any idea what I can do here's a pic
View attachment 201959

Your antenna spring looks pretty long. It might be as something as simple as changing out the spring for a spring a little bit shorter! It doesn't look like it could do any damage though. My older spring is huge and could hurt my tire if it hit it hard enough.

That switch panel is freakin 'UGE!!!! :crazyeyes:

Indeed it is.. It's hard to believe they let me play with toys this cool! LoL!

Are you running a separate ground?

I haven't wired anything up just yet, but in my previous CBs I've never ran a separate ground for the antenna.

Last edited:

Kyle7R

I had to go all the way to the 2nd page of the Jeep Builds forum to find Steel.

Unacceptable. :grayno:

seeing all this spring talk is making me rethink not getting one for my antenna. Might have to get one before long.

Napalm

I had to go all the way to the 2nd page of the Jeep Builds forum to find Steel.

Unacceptable. :grayno:

seeing all this spring talk is making me rethink not getting one for my antenna. Might have to get one before long.

Uh oh, that is not cool! I should be getting my new camera in tomorrow so I thought I'd wait to get some test shots :)

I used one of those, it swayed itself into 2 pieces, luckily my buddy was behind me and picked up my antenna when it fell off.

I'm not running any springs now, I decided the antenna had enough flex on its own

Yeah I'll run this one for awhile and see how it does, if it snaps I'll keep my extra one on me just incase!

Napalm

Got my new Canon 550D in today, took a few test shots of Steel as well as my pooch. I love this camera!
IMG_5502.jpg
IMG_5506.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg
IMG_5498.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg

These photos have not been edited or processed! It's all the camera!

Attachments

• IMG_5508.jpg
    IMG_5508.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom