Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Jackal01

Well we are for sure our for this trip and most likely any others this year. We picked Z up on Friday. By Monday he should have stopped limping and put more weight on that leg. Well, he wasn't doing that. Doc called us in, took some pics and felt around. Surgery is being redone tomorrow. So now timing and the added costs to redoing has totally FUBARd our plans even further for the year. I may be getting a temporary big pay raise which would solve the money issue but that may be a while. Zero just can't get a break (and neither can our bank account!)

Napalm

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Well we are for sure our for this trip and most likely any others this year. We picked Z up on Friday. By Monday he should have stopped limping and put more weight on that leg. Well, he wasn't doing that. Doc called us in, took some pics and felt around. Surgery is being redone tomorrow. So now timing and the added costs to redoing has totally FUBARd our plans even further for the year. I may be getting a temporary big pay raise which would solve the money issue but that may be a while. Zero just can't get a break (and neither can our bank account!)

Man this is unfortunate. It is unfortunate that you guys won't be able to make it but it is more unfortunate that Zero has to have surgery again. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and you guys man, and we will make sure to have a drink for you guys at the run!

Jackal01

Man this is unfortunate. It is unfortunate that you guys won't be able to make it but it is more unfortunate that Zero has to have surgery again. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and you guys man, and we will make sure to have a drink for you guys at the run!

Thanks, Nate.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Man this is unfortunate. it is more unfortunate that Zero has to have surgery again. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and you guys man

I think this speaks for everyone, All around. ^^

*not trying to be an insensitive asshole, so please do not take it that way*

when Lexi was younger, she needed a Supraspinatus Tendinopathy and while this is no hip replacement, she was my Mountain Biking buddy and LOVED to run! So I researched and researched for the BEST animal surgeons in Texas, I talked to Friends with pets, I searched the good old trusty internet, and even reached out to professors/vets/students at the A&M school of veterinary medicine... and here is what I found: http://ctvsh.com/

I dont know who your surgeon is, or how far you are willing to drive... but the people at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital where simply AMAZING. While she is getting older now, she has been able to run mountain bike trails almost weekly with me her whole life (aside from recovery, ofcourse) She can still run upwards of 10 miles at a time and she will be 8 years old next month

Last edited:

Kyle7R

Thanks, Nate.

Sorry your pal it's having to go through the surgery process again, there's always risk involved there that makes the process stressful. We fellow Jeepers and Jeep dogs alike are all in his corner pulling for him.

Jackal01

*not trying to be an insensitive asshole, so please do not take it that way*

when Lexi was younger, she needed a Supraspinatus Tendinopathy and while this is no hip replacement, she was my Mountain Biking buddy and LOVED to run! So I researched and researched for the BEST animal surgeons in Texas, I talked to Friends with pets, I searched the good old trusty internet, and even reached out to professors/vets/students at the A&M school of veterinary medicine... and here is what I found: http://ctvsh.com/

I dont know who your surgeon is, or how far you are willing to drive... but the people at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital where simply AMAZING. While she is getting older now, she has been able to run mountain bike trails almost weekly with me her whole life (aside from recovery, ofcourse) She can still run upwards of 10 miles at a time and she will be 8 years old next month

Not taken that way one bit....I may be in the generation of these pussy ass millenials but I sure as FUCK don't side with them.

Our doc/vet is not the surgeon (goes without saying I think) but this vet was recommended by our vet that has more or less been with Zero from day 1. The vet is solid so we took her word. We now question the surgeon. The office is super nice and everything looks like a solid operation (pun unintended). I just don't know if I can ever be put at ease since they somehow screwed up, IMO with no evidence to prove it. I'd drive within a couple hours to get the best albeit I thought this vet was the best.

Napalm

Bumping this up to remind everyone we have just 20 short days until this run. Everyone needs to remember to get their Texas OHV area decals!!

BEGINNER RUN- look out for a Pm coming from me in the next week. This is just to verify you are still planning on attending and whatnot.

I've been doing some trail research and I've narrowed it down to three maiden voyages for our Newbie Run. All of which look to be a great time :)

have a great rest of your weekend guys!!

Napalm

NEWBIES/GROUP LEADERS

Keep an eye out for PMs, they are on the way with just some general info for the run :)

Thanks!

Napalm

Pricing will be $60 for the weekend per rig. it will be an additional $5 dollars per person for non drivers

Napalm

so does that count for Friday as well?

from the site

* Gate fees for evening use after 5:00PM are waived for those camping. If a visitor arrives after 5:00PM and is camping overnight, that visitor will only be responsible for camping fees for that night and park fees the following day, not the park use fees for that day. For example, a visitor arrives at 5:15PM on Friday and is camping at the park for the weekend. That visitor will not have to pay park use fees for Friday, only camping for Friday and Saturday and the park usage fees for Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Which hotel is everyone staying in?

We are leaning towards leaving the dog at home, and getting the hotel. would be nice if we all/most in the same hotel so we could continue the party after the campfire with those who stayed to camp :thumb:

Top Bottom