Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Kyle7R

Sure do, but we do say that AT&T stands for At This Time. So it will probably change again before then, lol.

But then again, I only work 4 days a week...from home. I'm sure there are worse gigs out there :cool:

Just skimming back through, this is a list of all the Houstonians planning on making this run. If everybody wants to chime in on their availability, or preference I can mark it down. Figured this might be helpful for those who are making lodging arrangements (especially for Friday if we come up early)

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr - Early Saturday
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX - Friday Evening
Kyle7R - Friday Evening (La Quinta in Longview)
cjmenma - Friday Evening (camping)
Jeep jk RUBY

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

Bumping this to the top for the Houston folks, if anything has changed for your plans or if I have left you off let me know!

After all the uncertainty with my schedule, it turns out that I ended up still being off Fri/Sat/Sun. I am not locked in on a certain time to leave on Friday, so if everybody wants to chime in on some suggestions for departure time let's hear it!

I believe we all came to a consensus of meeting somewhere on 59, north of town along the route to Gilmer.

Im in Pasadena, and seeing how everyone is more than likely all scattered through Houston. Im just throwing this out there for now but this is an idea.
This is the route i always take.
View attachment 195427
These are the two points im thinking would be best for all of us to meet up.
Between here
View attachment 195428
And here
View attachment 195429

Again, just a thought im throwing out.

I'll be further up north, possible meet in the Cleveland area.

Last edited:

Napalm

anyone like tamales? I can bring some from are restaurant. They're awesome when you roast them over a fire and a cold one!

Tamales are life, tamales are love.

Heck ya! That would be awesome.

LoL! Sounds awesome!!!

Everyone here like Jack D and Honey? :brows:

who doesn't like Jack D and Honey? :)

:thumb: :thumb: I'm pumped for another WAL run for sure!

Nate, let me know about the bunk seriously. :thumb: Or if anyone else wants to split one. Hit me up.

Will do. We are most likely going this route,!

Bumping this to the top for the Houston folks, if anything has changed for your plans or if I have left you off let me know!

After all the uncertainty with my schedule, it turns out that I ended up still being off Fri/Sat/Sun. I am not locked in on a certain time to leave on Friday, so if everybody wants to chime in on some suggestions for departure time let's hear it!

I believe we all came to a consensus of meeting somewhere on 59, north of town along the route to Gilmer.

Thanks for handling the Houston corral :)

BobbyGTX

I should be free around 11, still have to work in the morning.

BobbyGTX

I took off Friday, so I'm good for whatever
I wish I could but my friend coming from Dallas who going with me so I helping hand. so trying to get done by 11 and ready to go.

Might be a bit like herding kittens :crazyeyes:

So what you're saying, is that I can sleep in until at least 11? Lol.
lol yeah pretty much. if yall want to wait for me lol or can catch up.

Kyle7R

I took off Friday, so I'm good for whatever

I wish I could but my friend coming from Dallas who going with me so I helping hand. so trying to get done by 11 and ready to go.

lol yeah pretty much. if yall want to wait for me lol or can catch up.

I don't have any issues with leaving that afternoon, couple of options now that I look at it. From what I remember, there was only one potential caravan-er(Tdougherty) that was up beyond Humble/Kingwood area, and as last I heard he was not leaving until Saturday sometime.

Couple potential meeting spots/areas

Humble/Kingwood (Along 59)
Livingston (a little farther north on 59)
or even my house Google clocks it as 4 hour, 5 minute drive from here to the gate of the park.

tdougherty81

I don't have any issues with leaving that afternoon, couple of options now that I look at it. From what I remember, there was only one potential caravan-er(Tdougherty) that was up beyond Humble/Kingwood area, and as last I heard he was not leaving until Saturday sometime.

Couple potential meeting spots/areas

Humble/Kingwood (Along 59)
Livingston (a little farther north on 59)
or even my house Google clocks it as 4 hour, 5 minute drive from here to the gate of the park.

As of right now still Saturday morning.

Romac2223

Looking forward to wheeling with you! Have you made plans yet on when you're planning on leaving Houston and/or where you're staying?

I plan on going up sometime on Friday if you guys are going up just need time and place and I'm there. I think I will stay in Longview at the laQuinta is that where you planning to stay ? Hope they have room. Lol. Looking forward to wheeling with all you guys.
Oh by the way I have a stock rear bumper will that be ok?

Romac2223

We are staying in Longview at the La Quinta, and bringing our two mutts. When I spoke to the people at the front desk over the phone she flat told me they were verrrrrrrrrrry lax on their pet policy. Just to "register" them at the front desk in case they were found roaming the halls without you, lol.

Got me giggling like a little kid over here with all this wood bringing and its innuendos.:cheesy:

I will start trying to plan out, and maybe try to pre-cook some BBQ here at the house to bring along and warm it over the tdougherty's wood :brows:

Hey Kyle just booked the room at the LaQuinta in Longview for Friday I hope it's the right one. Let me know the address just to make sure. Thx Rob

Kyle7R

Hey Kyle just booked the room at the LaQuinta in Longview for Friday I hope it's the right one. Let me know the address just to make sure. Thx Rob

I think there are two in Longview, one is farther north if I remember correctly. We are the one not on MLK Blvd, lol.

I will double check the address when I get back home from the gym and shoot it over to you.

Romac2223

I think there are two in Longview, one is farther north if I remember correctly. We are the one not on MLK Blvd, lol.

I will double check the address when I get back home from the gym and shoot it over to you.

I think I booked on MLK Lol.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Oh by the way I have a stock rear bumper will that be ok?

As long as you have the recovery hook on the rear, if not, GET ONE and you will be find. :thumb: if you have a tow hitch, a D-ring shackle mount works better then the factory hook as its in the middle of the jeep and utilizes a closed D-ring shackle.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
How many are coming from Houston. And how many are riding up Friday?

There is a list floating around...

Edit: add list

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr - Early Saturday
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX
Kyle7R
cjmenma - Friday Evening (camping)

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

Top Bottom